to hate it when MNers dredge up other threads?

(67 Posts)
FlojoHoHoHo Sun 09-Dec-12 21:12:53

Ok dpi the mooncup incident is gonna haunt me for some time but I find that kind of amusing. But when I ask for advice on buying DP shoes and get told not to bother he's a douchebag, I just wish sometimes, just sometimes, that people wouldn't dredge up other stuff and just stick to the topic at hand!

FlojoHoHoHo Sun 09-Dec-12 22:12:13

Yes I'm the idiot control freak doormat attention seeking mooncup loser ....did I miss anything?

It's hardly dredging stuff up, you are posting on the two threads simultaneously!

SantaIAmSoFuckingRock Sun 09-Dec-12 22:14:18

ok flo imagine this.

your best friend complains about her shitty dp everytime you see her, you tell her to get rid every time. she agrees it's the right thing to do but never does it, then she is on the phine whingeing again, you give her the same advice, she agrees she should leave and then says "but which shoes should i get him for xmas?" are you really telling me you wouldn't be rolling your eyes round the back of your brain and saying "wtf? why are you buying him shoes if you're talking about dumping him?"

McPheastOfStephen Sun 09-Dec-12 22:14:22

I;ve got down to message 25 and lost the will....

HTH

BoulevardOfBrokenSleep Sun 09-Dec-12 22:15:47

Well, I don't recognise your name... but unless you namechange, then people who have read your previous thread and thought, 'what an twat of a DP', will be wondering why you are buying him shoes instead of kicking him up the arse (METAPHORICALLY - I am not advocating violence)

I realise it's poor MNetiquette, but you can't expect people to bleach their brains between threads. We're only human. Mostly.

FlojoHoHoHo Sun 09-Dec-12 22:16:08

santa yes, but would I say it when we are out with a group of friends, no.
contract its 3 grin u forgot about this one!

SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus Sun 09-Dec-12 22:17:04

I've only read the mooncup thread.

NCing isn't 2 faced, I've used it when I don't want the views that will come of me or my DP from a specific thread to cross over to any other advice I may need (unless it's relevant). It's a smart thing to do to avoid situations like this.

Just think of this place as a huge school playground, most stuff doesn't get forgotten by everyone and it will get brought up at some point.

If you can't hack dealing with that then NC for touchy threads.

TheCortanaThatStoleChristmas Sun 09-Dec-12 22:17:45

You're not an idiot Flojo. But I think you need to chill the fuck out. Were you friends first? If I'm right my only advice is treat it like a new relationship. Don't be over familiar and like you've been dating for 10+ years.

Also, shoes for Christmas? To practical and too much effort both financially and from the sorting it side of things for a first Christmas while dating.

Video games and www.iwoot.com.

Fakebook Sun 09-Dec-12 22:19:16

Oh you're the person who lost their mooncup? Where did you find it?

No I didn't forget about this one. This one is the one where you accuse me of dredging stuff up. I don't think it's dredging stuff up when you currently have a thread in AIBU about how shit your DP is and another one about what present to buy. It's not as though I did a search on your name, they both are in active convos.

Knock yourself out, buy him a present. Then you can start a thread in the new year about how you spent money on a present then your DP dumped you.

SantaIAmSoFuckingRock Sun 09-Dec-12 22:21:24

if it was the same friends that had also given her the same advice and been there while you gave it, then yes, why not?

tethersjinglebellend Sun 09-Dec-12 22:21:54

I've seen neither thread, but am now certain your DP is a cunt.

Unless he's not.

FlojoHoHoHo Sun 09-Dec-12 22:22:33

grin fakebook

FlojoHoHoHo Sun 09-Dec-12 22:24:59

He's not a cunt. He asked for shoes (he likes to be practical) yes ok that makes him a cunt!
He's a lot of things but generally a naice bloke.

FlojoHoHoHo Sun 09-Dec-12 22:25:44

Anyways! This IS NOT about him!

ArtexTheHallWithBoughsOfMonkey Sun 09-Dec-12 22:26:19

When people start remembering stuff about you, that's when you know you've made it, either as a troll or royalty. Or trolling royalty.

FlojoHoHoHo Sun 09-Dec-12 22:27:35

Oh is that what hth means?

FlojoHoHoHo Sun 09-Dec-12 22:28:51

I thought a troll was someone who made up lies? Or wasn't being themselves. Or deliberately wound people up or something?

SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus Sun 09-Dec-12 22:30:40

That is what a troll is.

I don't agree with Artex though, that would mean most of MN are trolls or royalty.

Some are just loons who should NC.

TheCortanaThatStoleChristmas Sun 09-Dec-12 22:32:18

I think this thread was an attempt to wind people up so I'd go with the latter of Artex suggestions. Again, my first point. If you have a problem on a thread, bring it up there. This is the equivalent of talking behind people's backs.

Someone noticing on a thread that you have two active threads that seem contradictory isn't bad etiquette. It's at attempt to protect those who may give a lot to you emotionally as they try to help and perhaps a nudge towards that they shouldn't bother.

ArtexTheHallWithBoughsOfMonkey Sun 09-Dec-12 22:34:13

Yeah but everyone remembers mitm&& and the one who was a gypsy, and the I'm just a lonely little orphan girl having a wank one. Or they remember people with threads they like, like the pom bear woman or honey immacing the baby or sarahs's crow, or people with threads that stay with them because they're bizarre or upsetting or whatever. Being remembered isn't a bad thing.

FlojoHoHoHo Sun 09-Dec-12 22:36:53

Wind people up? No it was a genuine thread. In RL if someone told me they were having problems in their relationship and I thought they should leave the bastard, I might tell her that, but I wouldn't announced it in front of everyone when she then said he'd done something nice. Even if other people invested time, I wouldn't suddenly say actually he's a numpty.

FlojoHoHoHo Sun 09-Dec-12 22:38:00

Artex I don't know most of them!

maddening Sun 09-Dec-12 22:39:08

Re a good Xmas present - what about tickets to a music or comedy gig that he would like - go for a meal then on to the gig smile

FlojoHoHoHo Sun 09-Dec-12 22:43:05

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now