'blardy', 'fark', 'feck', 'vair' and other twattish tweeisms

(150 Posts)
LoopsInHoops Sat 08-Dec-12 11:37:32

Just say the bloody work for fuck's sake. AIBU to want to stab stab STAB people who use these twattish tweeisms?

YoucanringmySleighBells Sat 08-Dec-12 14:12:35

It's all abaht intonation innit!?!

SpoonyFuckersWife Sat 08-Dec-12 14:19:28

Op, you have ishoos

scottishmummy Sat 08-Dec-12 14:21:47

agree sleigh bells
I imagine that as Janine butcher voice
she's a proper caaaaaaw innit

TalkinPeace2 Sat 08-Dec-12 16:29:12

On the ebay boards (my first home) swearing is not allowed
so we got very creative when describing how carp things were

I use 'fark' quite a lot, not because I have a problem with 'fuck' (fuck fucking fuck fucketty fuck...see? I don't) but because being all Antipodean and forrin that's how it sounds when I say it lingeringly (ffaaaaaaark youse all).

MissCellania Sat 08-Dec-12 19:33:08

you fucked up with feck but I'll let you have the rest. It's only english people that think feck is a twee fuck, tis nothing of the sort.

AlexReidsLonelyThisChristmas Sat 08-Dec-12 19:59:33

People snort tea through their noses an awful lot on here, and spit tea all over their keyboards.

Durrty mares.

scottishmummy Sat 08-Dec-12 20:04:44

haha id forgotten the i just spat tea,snorted over keyboard crew
they need a bib

GreatCongas Sat 08-Dec-12 20:11:15

Vair makes me thing of Antonia Forrest

GreatCongas Sat 08-Dec-12 20:11:30

*think. Dammit

DillyTante Sat 08-Dec-12 20:12:08

Ah feck off with your bashing of mumsnetisms. It's all part of being a community.

scottishmummy Sat 08-Dec-12 20:16:49

no,im not communing with the lufflys and their vairy nice hams,and girlcrush quiches
just because some on mn are lufflys doesnt mean we all need to adopt or like the tweeisms
use the terms and composition you want, but dont pass it off as mn-speak or community

ClippedPhoenix Sat 08-Dec-12 20:19:22

Depends what context it's used in. We all have "writting habits" same as speach ones. I don't particularly care to be honest. I use lol for instance sometimes when I text becasue i can't be bothered saying oh you made me grin etc. but on here it's a criminal offence.

ClippedPhoenix Sat 08-Dec-12 20:20:25

I also have typos going on in my postings, so what grin

scottishmummy Sat 08-Dec-12 20:22:31

yes from time to time the gimmers get hysterical about txt stuff and colloquialisms
naturally they are ignored, and we are all free to lol as we wish
i quite actually like that everyone posts in different ways.teeth is no mn universal style.despite what some try assert

ouryve Sat 08-Dec-12 20:28:17

YABvehvehU

Some tweeisms make my teeth itch, but they don't make me stabby.

ClippedPhoenix Sat 08-Dec-12 20:28:39

I will sort of bite here as there is something that annoys me a tad.

When posters say "oh im a little bit in love with you now"

Oh fuck off and stop brown nosing grin

scottishmummy Sat 08-Dec-12 20:31:02

haha thats positively sluurpy and brown nose.widdle bit in love with you=big sook

PPPop Sat 08-Dec-12 20:31:58

I don't mind vair and naice, because I say them in a funny voice in my head. Not keen on the use of stabby, or feeling like you want to stab someone. Unpleasant.

I'm also not keen on the use of, no? It's pretentious, no?

ClippedPhoenix Sat 08-Dec-12 20:32:37

they love each other though, their posters are heroins, they hang on their every word even when it's a load of shit grin

ClippedPhoenix Sat 08-Dec-12 20:35:56

I have to disagree with you there, I'm fond of the word "stabby" probably because I often want to do it or staple things to peoples heads, call me aggresive grin

scottishmummy Sat 08-Dec-12 20:37:46

lets add the obsequious i agree with whatever whatsherface said.the fan callouts

SuffolkNWhat Sat 08-Dec-12 20:40:30

YANBU it's all about the guck these days dontcha know wink

scottishmummy Sat 08-Dec-12 20:41:43

guck to me is indeterminate mess,usually squidgy. like cleaning gluck off table

ClippedPhoenix Sat 08-Dec-12 20:44:42

also the people that put a great big words in the middle of sentences get my goat if I had one what the fuck does obsequious mean? bloody show off, pick your nose and blow off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now