Contraception should be mandatory for both sexes until they have passed a fit for parenting exam: theory and practice.

(154 Posts)
HullyEastergully Fri 07-Dec-12 11:21:47

I'm serious.

FellatioNelson Sat 08-Dec-12 16:08:40

face to face. Damned autocorrect.

exoticfruits Sat 08-Dec-12 16:13:27

No-someone would have to 'play God' with the decision. I can think of lots of people that I would not think fit-and they consider themselves good parents! (lots on MN!)

FellatioNelson Sat 08-Dec-12 16:26:16

people just don't like to think beyond the existing.

So true Hulls. I have wanted to start several threads on here lately that pose big, juicy, emotive and challenging philosophical questions about our society. But I have though better of it because they are just too big iykwim, and probably too sensitive for most people's appetites. Instead of being able to debate it sensibly as just a set of ideas, I think the immediate reaction would be for people to jump down my throat and say 'how dare you suggest that you wicked bitch' as though to dare to even put the question out there means, clearly, that I am saying categorically 'this is what I believe.' hmm

Which is not the case at all. I just want to explore things.

But nothing changes or gets better if we cannot ask ourselves the most difficult questions openly and honestly, and thrash out all potential solutions to problems. Even if we arrive at the conclusion that something is best left alone after all.

There are several topics on MN that I read, but rarely ever bother to post on because I just don't see the point in getting my arse toasted by people who are so convinced they already have all the answers to problems that are not going away, that they don't have the headspace to consider anything radical.

HullyEastergully Sat 08-Dec-12 16:50:17

yars

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now