Eh, I've just eaten all of DS' sweets....

(15 Posts)
CaliforniaSucksSnowballs Thu 06-Dec-12 23:10:15

I've started on the Christmas Toblorones this morning, so YANBU blush

peeriebear Thu 06-Dec-12 22:50:48

Maoam are like crack. You can't just have one!

JingleBellsRawSharkSmells Thu 06-Dec-12 22:47:29

SAving them from themselves- that's myexcus

InsertCleverNameChangeHere Thu 06-Dec-12 22:46:13

I have a charge for opening crisp or sweet packets for the DCs, each packet I open I take one crisp/sweet.

All ok, until my eldest decided to tell her teacher grin

fuckwittery Thu 06-Dec-12 22:23:23

I ate most of DD's advent calendar on about 29th November. I replaced it but she found the empty one and was most confused. I mumbled about there having been an accident and didn't demur when she wondered if it might have been her little sister.

SundaysGirl Thu 06-Dec-12 22:21:06

See I could resist the Haribo...they put something in these new one's he's just switched to and once I've had one I need to eat about twenty. blush

I better make sure Santa brings an alternate for his stocking I think...

Ohh I love maoam!

kim147 Thu 06-Dec-12 22:14:22

DS keeps getting Haribo star mix as "car sweets". Somehow they keep vanishing. I do a lot of car journeys.

FeijoaVodkaAndCheezels Thu 06-Dec-12 22:11:02

I've eaten the chocolate I bought my sister for Christmas. Stupid PMT

RubbishCrackerPuller Thu 06-Dec-12 22:10:25

DD won a Lindt chocolate bear in a tombola and is already on its 3rd incarnation and she hasn't tried a morsel yet (cruel double-standard mum)

I have my own cubboard for my chocolate and sweets and the little buggers steak my treats! They keep theirs hidden upstairs, they learnt early on about 'mummy tax' grin

neuroticmumof3 Thu 06-Dec-12 22:07:59

I don't call it stealing their sweets, in our house it's referred to as paying mummy tax.

Feckthehalls Thu 06-Dec-12 22:06:51

me too , all the time

DiamondDoris Thu 06-Dec-12 22:06:28

I do that too when there's nothing adult snacky in the house. Like you I replace them before they notice - not that they do as I'm the only one who has access to their snacks. I sometimes raid their piggy banks too, but always put the money back later usually with some interest wink

SundaysGirl Thu 06-Dec-12 21:59:35

Maoam is the name of them. Chewy sweet little stripes which are firghteningly addictive. I've just scoffed the rest of them and now feel just a little bit sick.

Erm I also know it's unreasonable to eat a 6 year olds sweets, I will replace tomorrow before he notices.

Just wanted to see if I am the only sweet-stealing goblin mother? Just to appease the sugar-laden guilts...... confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now