to be irritated at the parents taking a million photos

(18 Posts)
sailorsgal Thu 06-Dec-12 21:10:38

at the nativity. Can't they just sit and enjoy the show. grin

LaCiccolina Thu 06-Dec-12 21:13:56

Er no. That would mean enjoying ur child, which is patently ridiculous. This is about their infant, not urs.

Ill be taking a thousand when dd is in hers. She's destined to win xfactor/all possible acting awards ever ever ever

mrscrimbobash Thu 06-Dec-12 21:15:11

I think that there should just be one photographer and everybody can get 'official prints' for a fiver with money going to the school/nursery.

I really don't want to watch a nativity play from behind somebody's wavering camera phone.

sailorsgal Thu 06-Dec-12 21:15:39

I wouldn't care but they had another relative with a video camera aswell.

charlmarascoxo Thu 06-Dec-12 21:15:46

I'm surprised they were even allowed to take photos tbh.

sailorsgal Thu 06-Dec-12 21:17:31

They were in the front row aswell.

NannyEggn0gg Thu 06-Dec-12 21:17:48

That's why my school forbade it and took the photos themselves - made a little money that way too!

Meglet Thu 06-Dec-12 21:19:56

yanbu. They really pissed me off last year. Non-bloody-stop clicking away.

I took a few photos at the end after the applause when they were all lined up nicely.

Proudnscaryvirginmary Thu 06-Dec-12 21:20:04

YANBU

Can't understand people who'd rather take a million pictures of events rather than actually experiencing and enjoying said event. One or two pics is perfectly sufficient. Eejits.

CMOTDibbler Thu 06-Dec-12 21:20:42

I spent most of the play watching through peoples iphones as they videod it, which was a pita. And the kids with parents in the front row end up staring into the camera, singing to it rather than concentrating on their dance or whatever

WelshMaenad Thu 06-Dec-12 21:22:25

Ah, blissful camera free year for us. Photos blanket banned due to 'sensitive issues' (ie they have a looked after child who absolutely cannot be photographed for safety reasons). It was nice to see everyone actually watching and engaging!

Flossiechops Thu 06-Dec-12 21:22:51

Our school has banned parents taking photos, that didn't stop another mother from happily snapping away then proceeding to put the pictures on Facebook shortly after. The ban is to protect other children's identity but then she clearly didn't care!

TheDuchessOfEarl Thu 06-Dec-12 21:40:49

That's probably because their kid isn't Second Bird

<Bitter>

Petershadow Thu 06-Dec-12 21:43:31

are you talking about me?

My DH missed the nativity, he was gutted, so I recorded it and took a few photos too.

I would much rather have sat and just watched it

marriedinwhite Thu 06-Dec-12 21:47:38

that's why our primary banned cameras and had a video made grin. Raised money for the pta too.

sailorsgal Thu 06-Dec-12 21:50:06

My dh didn't see it either. A couple of pics is not a problem but they took pics the whole time, watching the show throw the lens. Their partner was there and the rest of the family. grin

Petershadow Thu 06-Dec-12 21:56:32

not me then!

CaptainVonTrapp Thu 06-Dec-12 22:00:27

The parent in front of me recorded the whole thing through her fucking iPad. No little camera phone for her, she waved her iPad around for the duration.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now