If you could click your fingers and lose weight instantly, how much would you choose to drop?

(160 Posts)
propertyNIGHTmareBEFOREXMAS Thu 06-Dec-12 16:46:35

I weighed myself this morning and am 11lbs over my usual weight. The extra weight is leftover from having dc4. I have have not made any real effort to get to this point (a fair bit has been lost so far- not sure how much as have not been weighing myself) but I wish i could click my fingers and vanish this last bit. The extra pounds are sitting on my tummy, arse, thighs and hips. I would like the squishy bits to be banished!

If you could drop weight instantly, how much would you shift and where on your body would it come from?

FellatioNelson Sun 09-Dec-12 07:38:44

Tell us your secret then higgyjig. Tell us your life's nutritional history. Let's have a run-down of what and when you eat, how you ate as a child, and how much you have weighted throughout your life, wehter or not you have eve regularly drunk alcohol whether you smoke, or have ever smoked, and what you have always done in the way of regular exercise. Whether or not you've ever had to take steroids for illness, whether you've ever had an under active thyroid, or PCOS etc. Tell us. We are all ears.

DingDongKethryverilyonHigh Sun 09-Dec-12 08:53:59

about 7 stone.

theoriginalandbestrookie Sun 09-Dec-12 09:14:46

Good question. I'm 5ft 6 and have lost a wee bit on WW so am just under 11st, 10 st 13.5 to be precise ! I'm delighted that the number is under 11st but ideally I'd like to be 10 st 7. Any less than that I think at my age wouldn't suit, although I do remember going to Scottish Slimmers several hundred years ago with a starting weight of 10st 2 - they shouldn't have let me in.

theoriginalandbestrookie Sun 09-Dec-12 09:18:24

Oh and higgie I exercise at least 3 times per week and eat reasonably healthily. Strangely enough the weight doesn't just melt off, something to do with a messed up metabolism from too much yo yo dieting over the years.

Yes if I keep strictly to Weight Watchers I lose weight but it can be agonisingly slow - fine for me as I only have a small amount to lose, but for those with 3-4 stone or more to live its a long term endeavour not helped by the preponderence of fattening food and over reliance of processed carbs in our culture.

samandi Sun 09-Dec-12 09:35:06

Nothing. I would be instantly toned and muscly though.

Cat98 Sun 09-Dec-12 10:44:06

I'd lose half a stone, please smile
Pretty evenly distributed over my body apart from my boobs would be nice!

I'd lose half a stone. Any more then that and my mum would kick my arse!

fatlazymummy Sun 09-Dec-12 10:53:02

higgyjig been there, done that. But thanks for the amazing insight.
Perhaps you should offer your expertise to the government to assist in tackling the national obesity problem?

ImperfectPirouette Tue 11-Dec-12 00:18:20

higgyjig

Are you my Anorexic Voice? Because you sound quite like it, including the bit about ignoring information that doesn't suit you. That voice is quite certain that it is Lies All Lies from medical professionals about how I SHOULD be overweight because of combinations of healthstuff (including various medications) & if I just Ate Less And Exercised More I would be able to get down to The Right Number, so good of you to come along & confirm.

Of course 700-1200 calories a day is disgustingly greedy of me, how much do you think I should reduce that by? And as for cutting back on my compulsive exercising because it was taking such a massive toll on my health: I shall get back to at least 14 hours of ballet a week rather than my current paltry 8 & up the amount of physio & walking & Other Exercises (eg crunches) I do immediately.

SantaFlashesHisBoobsALot Tue 11-Dec-12 00:58:19

Imperfect love, you're stronger than that voice. I know its hard, but fight it. And if that includes ignoring another poster than do that too.

Higgy your statement is ridiculously short sighted. There is much more to it than that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now