Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

If you could click your fingers and lose weight instantly, how much would you choose to drop?

(160 Posts)
propertyNIGHTmareBEFOREXMAS Thu 06-Dec-12 16:46:35

I weighed myself this morning and am 11lbs over my usual weight. The extra weight is leftover from having dc4. I have have not made any real effort to get to this point (a fair bit has been lost so far- not sure how much as have not been weighing myself) but I wish i could click my fingers and vanish this last bit. The extra pounds are sitting on my tummy, arse, thighs and hips. I would like the squishy bits to be banished!

If you could drop weight instantly, how much would you shift and where on your body would it come from?

besmirchedandbewildered Thu 06-Dec-12 16:59:46

2 stone, mostly off bum, thighs and belly but I'd quite like the boobs down to a C cup and the same frickin' size please.

whois Thu 06-Dec-12 17:00:22

Few lbs, from my tummy, bum and podgey bit where 'muffin tops' are. I don't have muffin tops yet but you can poke there into fat and never used to be able to!

TinyDancingHoofer Thu 06-Dec-12 17:00:23

Or actually maybe just join MrsTPs world, might be a happier place.

3monkeys3 Thu 06-Dec-12 17:01:24

7lbs, just a bit slimmer but still able to eat without having to think too much about it! Any more than that and I'd struggle to maintain it with my appetite! Am already a healthy bmi, that would just shave a bit off my wobbly areas (arms, boobs, tummy for me).

BoulevardOfBrokenSleep Thu 06-Dec-12 17:02:09

Assuming this magic click of which you speak grin would only work once... I wouldn't want to be a size 8, say, because I'd never be able to maintain that weight (also I wouldn't recognise myself in the mirror!).

I could keep at a size 14 for a fair while, that would be about a 1.5 - 2 stone loss I reckon. And if I was going to be a 14 all over, I'd have to lose mainly off my bum; my bottom half is one or two sizes bigger than my top.

Yermina Thu 06-Dec-12 17:03:33

Half a stone would do. Preferably off the top of my legs.

I've actually lost 25lbs since September with very little pain. Just stopped eating most carbs and off it came. Can't shift the last half stone though for some reason. Not worried too much about it though now I'm a healthy BMI.

NettoHoHoHoSuperstar Thu 06-Dec-12 17:03:36

No weight, but I would shrink my steroid swollen head and tummy.

10kg

SrirachaGirl Thu 06-Dec-12 17:05:16

2.5 lbs from each thigh to be redistributed to my boobs.

propertyNIGHTmareBEFOREXMAS Thu 06-Dec-12 17:06:13

Agreed to the 'clicking' only to get to a sensible weight. I would not go super skinny because as pointed out it would be a bitch to maintain. My 11bs dropped would see me in a size 8 top and size 10 bottoms.

5.5 stone.

That's nearly a whole person.

Shit.

propertyNIGHTmareBEFOREXMAS Thu 06-Dec-12 17:09:07

I've heard it said that a low fat diet will assist in losing weight from tummy/hips/thighs (Rosemary Connely cook book). I prefer a calorie controlled weight loss approach though so I can still have my chocolate wobbly thighs

laptopdancer Thu 06-Dec-12 17:10:11

2 stone

comfyclothes Thu 06-Dec-12 17:10:41

i would love to lose about 2.5 stone. I have been trying but so far its coming off very slowly.

NothingIsAsBadAsItSeems Thu 06-Dec-12 17:12:26

Between 2 and 3 stone grin

Latara Thu 06-Dec-12 17:12:47

3 stone, then i'd be BMI 25. But still in proportion (i'm an hourglass shape) i hope.

VictorAndBarry Thu 06-Dec-12 17:12:54

2 stone

BradfordMum Thu 06-Dec-12 17:14:09

I've already lost 90 lbs and unfortunately it wasn't instant
I'd like to lose another 2 st.

CMOTDibbler Thu 06-Dec-12 17:16:14

5 kg off, and then move remaining fat from my tum to my boobs. I'm hoping to have that weight off by early in the new year (lost 11kg so far), but alas will still have small norks

McPie Thu 06-Dec-12 17:19:21

43lb to get me into the healthy BMI range, have already lost 30 in the last 4 months, going on a 1lb a week loss it should take me until October next year to get there so I could really do with these clicks you speak of.

propertyNIGHTmareBEFOREXMAS Thu 06-Dec-12 17:20:32

Some seriously motivational weight loss on this thread. Well done!

cornflowers Thu 06-Dec-12 17:28:22

How about, if you could choose to stay your current size forever, but br able to eat as much as you like from now on without ever gaining more weight, would you do so?

LaQueen Thu 06-Dec-12 17:31:33

10lbs, that's all.

I'm 11st 7lbs at the moment, and although I'm quite tall at 5ft 7", I know I look bulky around my middle.

But, I know if I drop to 10st 10lbs, I look much trimmer around my middle, and my clothes hang much better.

If I drop below 10st 7lbs, then my face starts to look drawn.

2.5 stone.

MadBusLady Thu 06-Dec-12 17:33:24

About half a stone. Similar experience to Yermina, I lost a stone and a half really quickly, but I can't shift the last few pounds. Am a bit worried that if I ever manage it I'll lose the norks though. I was flat-chested when I was really skinny.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now