To think Marcus Wareing really needs to get his priorities right

(140 Posts)
Janeatthebarre Wed 05-Dec-12 14:01:48

He was on Masterchef last night saying that he has sacrificed family and friends for cooking; if he had to take off his chef's coat right now he would be absolutely nothing; cooking is his life etc etc etc.

AIBU to think he just prepares fancy food, he is not saving lives or undertaking ground breaking research or writing great literary novels... he is just preparing fancy food?

TeeElfOnTeeShelf Wed 05-Dec-12 18:02:08

It sounds horrible and expensive.

2cats2many Wed 05-Dec-12 18:02:52

Do the I'm a Sleb contestants really get bussed in to camp in the morning? [naive]

GetorfsaMotherfuckingMorrisMan Wed 05-Dec-12 18:07:38

Lol at the dodgy fork use.

I am surprised at le gavroche being 50 quid ish. That's cheaper than I thought for lunch. I might treat dd - she would be thrilled.

ikltownofboothlehem Wed 05-Dec-12 19:06:06

You never see Marcus Wareing & Roger the Alien from Family Guy in the same room.

JugglingWithPossibilities Wed 05-Dec-12 19:59:28

I gather Tom Kitchen is doing duck and duck fat chips tonight. Probably yummy, but where's the veg ! Off to watch now ....

TeeElfOnTeeShelf Wed 05-Dec-12 20:15:01

I love Tom Kitchin. I want to put him in my pocket and carry him home. Talk about a man with a gorgeous wife.

Don't tell me who gets put off. I won't get a chance to watch it until tomorrow.

akaemmafrost Wed 05-Dec-12 20:38:30

Greg pisses me off. He's a greedy green grocer and that's it.

If YOU were a chef on MC would you give a shiney shite what Greg thought of your grub? No, you wouldn't you'd listen to and be hanging on to ever word Monica and Michel uttered and just think STFU when he started droning on wouldn't you?

OhDearNigel Wed 05-Dec-12 23:40:15

Do the I'm a Sleb contestants really get bussed in to camp in the morning? [naive]

No idea. It's my own, personal theory. Or that the "Jungle" is just an elaborate film set and there are nice, comfy trailers just off camera.

OhDearNigel Wed 05-Dec-12 23:42:10

No, you wouldn't you'd listen to and be hanging on to ever word Monica and Michel uttered and just think STFU when he started droning on wouldn't you?

Quite ! I love masterchef pros but spend most episodes with an internal monologue of "Fuck off Greg. Noone gives a shiny shite what you think".

OhDearNigel Wed 05-Dec-12 23:45:00

getorfs, the tasting menu is round about £95 I think nowadays. Probably about £150 with the selected wines per course. It's a top bargain as you get 6-7 courses and a glass of wine individually selected per course. Ie. a LOT of wine grin

JugglingWithPossibilities Thu 06-Dec-12 07:19:46

Ah, actually it was Tom Kerridge who's doing the duck and he's on tonight ... I posted hastlly last night as I was dashing off to watch ....
In the trailers he looks like a sweety who treats the contestants really kindly so I'm looking forward to watching again tonight smile

DowntonSprouts Thu 06-Dec-12 07:29:22

CAN WE HAVE MORE MONICA PLEASE!!

thank you.

Frontpaw Thu 06-Dec-12 08:57:59

I wanted them both to go through!

Frontpaw Thu 06-Dec-12 09:56:29

I've just realised - we dont say 'ten minutes until dinner/school/bedtime... LittlePaw'.

I have just yelled 'Ten minutes to service' (ie until he needs to do his homework). He yelled back 'Yes chef -better start plating up!'.

EverlongLovesHerChristmasRobin Thu 06-Dec-12 10:14:49

I was a bit meh about Michel.

Not any more. I love his enthusiastic little face. He seems like a lovely man.

That Wareing chap got on my tits nerves. Well scary. Oli was just fab though wasn't he? Lovely lad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now