To think Marcus Wareing really needs to get his priorities right

(140 Posts)
Janeatthebarre Wed 05-Dec-12 14:01:48

He was on Masterchef last night saying that he has sacrificed family and friends for cooking; if he had to take off his chef's coat right now he would be absolutely nothing; cooking is his life etc etc etc.

AIBU to think he just prepares fancy food, he is not saving lives or undertaking ground breaking research or writing great literary novels... he is just preparing fancy food?

It wasn't boiled it was POACHED!! I remember that because I yelled at DH 'He's boiling it FFS' why is he saying poached??

Sounds like a complete Knobber IMO and that beard makes him look extremely shifty!

Frontpaw Wed 05-Dec-12 14:54:27

There must be some subtle cheffy difference then. Boiling certainly looks like poaching to me.

I quite like the beard through.

Loveweekends10 Wed 05-Dec-12 15:05:06

Has he. It doesn't look like he has sacrificed much in this article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/property/article-1319569/Marcus-Wareing-Falling-Gordon-Ramsay-making-me.html

joanbyers Wed 05-Dec-12 15:08:56

I went to his restaurant.I wasn't amazed.

Frontpaw Wed 05-Dec-12 15:10:41

Seeing how many people stick their fingerprint in the food before it gets to the table, I won't be going there any time soon! Do chefs really poke the food so much?

Frontpaw Wed 05-Dec-12 15:11:11

Fingers... Not fingerprint flippin autocorrect!

Or taste the food and then stick the spoon in that shitty pot full of what shitty water that everyone else has dunked their shitty spit covered spoons in and then there it goes back in the food. I am sure that my bloody food OCD is reasonable now.

Frontpaw Wed 05-Dec-12 15:15:57

Mmmmmmmm dirty kitchen water. Even DS yells 'double dipping - he double dipped, yeurch!!!'

SugaricePlumFairy Wed 05-Dec-12 15:29:05

I'm sure he wasn't this much of a pleb a few years back when I saw him on some show.

Marcus Waring at the Twattery [or wherever it was] must've gone to his head or he was hamming it up for the cameras [look how intense I am about food kind of thing!]

Hmm I watched it (love masterchef) I thought it had probably been heavily edited for maximum effect tbh. But, my god, his eyes, imagine them penetrating you in the dead of the night grin

GetorfsaMotherfuckingMorrisMan Wed 05-Dec-12 15:52:16

I thought it was just typical telly hyperbole. He came across as rather nice i thought.

I'd shag him, any road.

noddyholder Wed 05-Dec-12 15:53:08

So would I even though he seemed an arse(and you might get a killer bacon sandwich in the morning)

GetorfsaMotherfuckingMorrisMan Wed 05-Dec-12 15:56:55

He would probably shriek like a girl if you used HP sauce as opposed to a balsamic reduction, though.

I still love Michel Roux best. He is so kind. I bought Monica Galetti's book yesterday (love her as well) and he wrote a really lovely introduction praising her to the sky. What a thoroughly nice man he seems.

Why in the name of arse is Greg Wallace involved?

SugaricePlumFairy Wed 05-Dec-12 15:59:49

Anyone else notice that Michel looked like he's had his teeth whitened.

He's fab, fit and yes I would in a heartbeat! grin

AllSnowballsAndNoKnickers Wed 05-Dec-12 16:01:32

Well he knows his way around a pudding, does Greg. Is that not considered a world-enhancing skill any more? What have we come to?

grin

AboutThyme Wed 05-Dec-12 16:01:56

BACK THE FUCK OFF MICHEL THE LOT OF YOU.

Janeatthebarre Wed 05-Dec-12 16:02:38

I have no idea why Greg Wallace is involved either. He is so far out of his league it's ridiculous.

JugglingWithPossibilities Wed 05-Dec-12 16:03:52

Yeh, I noticed his comments too and wasn't impressed. I also didn't like his highly critical and slightly scary manner with his two competition apprentices.
I wasn't convinced when he tried to salvage things with a bit of late praise, and neither were they I noticed.
I did rather think he lacked charm.

Narked Wed 05-Dec-12 16:05:07

It's not just chefs that do this. There are people for whom work is an all consuming passion. And many more whose 'hobby' takes up every free moment of their lives to the exclusion of family/friends.

From the point of view of the family being ignored, it makes very little difference if the person is saving lives or crimping pastry when they've missed the fourth birthday party in a row.

SugaricePlumFairy Wed 05-Dec-12 16:05:19

I don't mind Greg!

AllSnowballsAndNoKnickers Wed 05-Dec-12 16:05:28

AboutThyme - you won't like me when I'm angry. And I'm getting angry right now. I've got it all sorted with Michel. It's clear to me that we were meant to be together. Ok - he doesn't know that yet but all in good time............ grin

Marcus Waring is a prawn

Michel is mine lovely and Monica is lovely but a bit scary

Greg is, erm, I'm not sure really. I'm not sure what he brings to the table <pun intended>

I am loving this series of Masterchef smile

AboutThyme Wed 05-Dec-12 16:08:48

Oh I think not, with a nickname like that you have no chance m'dear cough far too common cough <flounces off to polish Michel's balotine>

Oblomov Wed 05-Dec-12 16:09:44

All chefs are a bit poncey and up their own arse, though, aren't they?

valiumredhead Wed 05-Dec-12 16:11:25

Women have to sacrifice family life as well if they are chefs, the hours are horrendous.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now