AIBU? three weeks til I give birth and dh still hasn't booked a room!

(66 Posts)
ImmaculateTeen Wed 05-Dec-12 12:57:41

We have to visit dh's hometown later this month to complete some paperwork. I am 37 weeks pregnant and exhausted. He hasn't booked a bloody room! and, there's no space at any of the inn's. I could cry.

part of me wonders if he is somehow punishing me (the baby isn't his) but I thought we had worked through our problems, especially since he was spoken to by my friend, G.

AIBU to be angry?!

sparkle12mar08 Wed 05-Dec-12 13:00:15

We do this every year. I just can't get worked up about it anymore.

Rosduk Wed 05-Dec-12 13:00:22

YANBU- I wouldn't worry though, I have a funny feeling everything will work out in the end 😜

ChiefOwl Wed 05-Dec-12 13:00:25

Ha! At first I thought wtf...very good smile

QuietNinjaChristmasSpecial Wed 05-Dec-12 13:00:34

Yanbu. Bloody men are so disorganised. You never know though if you turn up on the day you may get a cancellation?

'He was spoken to' by your friend, what do you mean?

Have you sorted your transport yet? You wouldn't want to have all the hire cars run out and, I don't know, be forced to ride on a donkey or something stupid.

gordyslovesheep Wed 05-Dec-12 13:01:12

YANBU what a selfish turd - I bet he hasn't even booked a donkey for the trip

can they baby's real father help out with some miraculous last minute accommodation?

<penny dropping>

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh I get it now grin

haha xpost

aderynlas Wed 05-Dec-12 13:02:10

Tell G to have another word, is it wise to be riding a donkey op.

Theicingontop Wed 05-Dec-12 13:02:24

Don't stress yourself. Save the moaning for when the baby's here and random people wearing funny hats give you completely useless baby gifts.

ImmaculateTeen Wed 05-Dec-12 13:03:07

he has a friend who says they might be able to swing something. As long as we have a roof over our heads...

Chris, a friend visited him and explained the situation better than I ever could.

IveBeenGoodSantaIPromise Wed 05-Dec-12 13:03:31

Brilliant. You had me grinning!!

Sorry must play along...

Poor you immaculate teen. I'm sure some one will take pity and find you somewhere safe and dry. G sounds like a good friend, like a guardian angel perhaps?!

NoKnidForABed Wed 05-Dec-12 13:03:37

Have you thought about how you're going to get back home? I bet you don't even have a babyseat for the donkey, do you? hmm It's not safe without one, you know! Poor baby. sad

Dead69Girl Wed 05-Dec-12 13:03:41

haa haa fab OP

ImmaculateTeen Wed 05-Dec-12 13:04:38

the babys father helps out where he can, but he is very Busy and Important.

Fairylea Wed 05-Dec-12 13:05:06

Hahaha !

For a second.. just a second.. I nearly posted a genuine "leave the bastard" smile

NoKnidForABed Wed 05-Dec-12 13:05:48

Too Busy and Important? Who does he think he is? Sounds he's suffering from a God complex...

Why couldn't you have booked your own room, for christ's sake? wink

ImmaculateTeen Wed 05-Dec-12 13:07:18

tbh, dh is wonderful, there's not many men who would take on another man's child. even if I am still... untouched.

cheekybaubles Wed 05-Dec-12 13:08:40

You getting there by Sat Nav?

cheekybaubles Wed 05-Dec-12 13:09:45

LTB and book yourself a spa weekend hun. hugs x

Mulledandmerry Wed 05-Dec-12 13:10:02

Don't be worrying about the birth..I've heard that for people like you it will be completely pain free and uncomplicated. Thought of any names yet? Maybe Brian? smile

ImmaculateTeen Wed 05-Dec-12 13:13:14

we use yonder star, have you heard of it?

I really liked John, but my cousin has named her ds that. she has been a bit weird about me getting pg. she had several issues conceiving and theres me, not even touched by a man and boom.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now