to be bloody fuming, cos apparently I am over reacting!

(31 Posts)
Bogeyface Wed 05-Dec-12 09:30:18

On Sunday the kids went round to my parents for the afternoon. It turns out that my dad had a tummy bug, that they knew about, and had had it since Saturday so not a surprise that came on suddenly.

They didnt say a word until dd started being sick this morning and I rang them to warn them (oh the irony) that they may get a bug after seeing her at the weekend. "Oh no, we've already had that, your dad was feeling quite bad on Sunday"
"So, why didnt you say anything? Why did you still ask if the kids could come round, know that he had a highly contagious bug?"
"Well we wanted to see them, and we thought it would probably be ok, its only a tummy bug, why are so annoyed?!"

Well lets see now, would that have anything to do with the fact that a) I have 6 kids in the house and tummy bugs are horrendous when they all come down with them, b) I have a lot of important meetings this week leading up to a huge event next week and really cant afford either time off or being ill and c) DH is all over the place since his redundancy the week before last and has several interviews which we cant afford for him to miss through sickness.

So, WIBU to tell that next time they are ill can they please tell us BEFORE hand?!

Rhiana1979 Wed 05-Dec-12 13:17:25

My mum did this.

My 11 month old daughter caught noro virus off my mums partner then my DH and I caught it from my daughter. It was hell on earth we struggled to take care of our baby because we were so ill.

MightTinge Wed 05-Dec-12 13:35:27

Clipped did you read any of the OP? hmm

MightTinge Wed 05-Dec-12 13:36:15

Appologies Clipped, I missed your second post.

Inertia Wed 05-Dec-12 13:39:03

YANBU. Your parents were totally selfish- doesn't matter how much they wanted to see the children.

However, you might find that when the children are especially vomitty and pooey, there's nowhere they'd rather be than with their beloved grandparents...

Bogeyface Wed 05-Dec-12 21:55:31

Dad popped round earlier, very shame faced and apologised for both of them. He arrived with a big bag and said that mum had said to fill it with washing! If it weren't for the fact that she is pathologically terrified of computers I would think she is on MN and forstalling me grin

If you are on MN mum, thank you for apologising and for doing the washing, but dont be a twat next time!

Bogeyface Wed 05-Dec-12 21:56:51

Oh and DD was only sick twice, both this morning and she was starving tonight and ate a good dinner. She is fine!

I feel slightly guilty that she wasnt as ill as I initially thought, but not so guilty that I didnt give mum a big bag of sheets and towels. Yesterday was sheet changing day, so that worked out well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now