Why can't people clean up after their dogs?

(56 Posts)
Samr85 Tue 04-Dec-12 09:27:47

It's disgusting! On the way to and from school every everyday I'm having to constantly point out the dog mess on the floor so my son dosent end up standing in it! I don't understand why someone keeps a dog if they can't be bothered to clean up after them?! Is it just me that's annoyed by this or am I just over reacting?shock

bellarose2011 Wed 05-Dec-12 09:17:48

The other thing i can't understand is people walk there dogs on the same path everyday, they leave dog poo all over the path, surely there dogs feet get covered in poo then walked into there house? And there own shoes?

thekidsrule Wed 05-Dec-12 09:41:31

i think local councils should employ a warden especially for this task (can you imagine the job script)

plain clothed with id to hand to visit parks and hand out fines on the spot,they could record on phone as evidence,play back to offender etc

round here it would pay the wages and make a profit

but the job would be just for spotting and fineing,going from parks to notorious fowling spots

ive put alot of thought into this grin

InNeedOfBrandyButter Wed 05-Dec-12 09:48:55

Another school run poo dodger here to. Even the picker uppers leave smears.

I don't believe any dog owner has always picked up the poo, that they have never run out of bags or their dog had the squits.

DaPrincessBride Wed 05-Dec-12 10:03:11

YANBU, DD (2.5) stepped in dog poo a couple of weeks ago, realised after she had walked into the house on our cream carpets....took about an hour to get it all out of the grooves of her boots, another hour to scrub it out of the carpet and several days for the smell to properly go.

freddiefrog Wed 05-Dec-12 10:03:39

thekidsrule We have a dog poo warden, the job is solely to go out and fine people who dont clear up after their dogs. I've yet to see any evidence of them in action yet though, our local Dog Shit Alley, is still pretty shitty

ZigaZig Wed 05-Dec-12 11:38:35

YANBU and YANBU again!

How many times have I had to haul my children back from the park covered in dog poo!?

Would I let my kids s**t in the park and then not clear it up?? No. Totally unacceptable and I can feel myself typing more and more angrily with this post.

To dog owners who are responsible--thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now