Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to just think the media should leave Kate alone (yes another thread)

(33 Posts)
kim147 Tue 04-Dec-12 07:09:40

I'm no Royalist but I just can't stand the media intrusion she is having now it's been announced. I know it's just happened but the BBC and no doubt others are live outside with updates.

It's very early days and anything could happen. All the stress of the media cannot help what is a traumatic time anyway for her at the moment. She must be under so much pressure. I just wish they could leave her alone and show some sensitivity.

GoldQuintessenceAndMyhrr Tue 04-Dec-12 11:00:01

The doctor on BBC news said yesterday that because she was in such early stage it was necessary to take every precaution, so she would be kept in on a drip as she could keep nothing down and was very dehydrated". I think they were pretty realistic. Anything else would just result in a Russel Howard style outcry.

ImperialSantaKnickers Tue 04-Dec-12 11:16:01

Didn't see that one Gold... but then I've been switching off mentally when I hear the words 'Kate' 'Cambridge' 'Morning Sickness' 'Heir to the Throne' ... you get my drift smile

I think I'm going to hide all the Kate threads, there's nothing we can do except speculate, which is not helpful.

Best wishes to her and to all very new mothers-to-be-fingers-crossed.

PlateSpinningAtAllTimes Tue 04-Dec-12 11:26:59

My thoughts exactly, OP. Poor woman is going through a horrific illness (y,y, I know pg not an illness but how else do you describe hg?) at an early stage in her pregnancy. I can't think for a minute that they would have wanted anyone to know about it this early. I spend the first 3 months of both of mine utterly convinced I was going to miscarry. I can't imagine having all of those worries in such a public forum.
Of course there is going to be big media interest but at this stage it shouldn't really be going beyond being tentatively happy for them and sympathetic over her hg.
One positive I can think of is that maybe more people will be aware and understanding of how horrendous hg is?

SantaWearsGreen Tue 04-Dec-12 13:29:31

The dm are terrible. They have about ten seperate articles making 'news' out of nothing. Apparently she is due in April and it will be a wedding anniversary present, yet HG happens in early pregnancy so she's most likely due July/August hmm

All that was needed was one article 'she's pregnant and in hospital, she will be fine' fgs. Last night on the news they even had a bleddy GP on reassuring us all she will be ok. Oh good because I wouldn't have slept otherwise.

What I did think though is would they have actually been allowed to not have children given that their kids will be heir to the throne? I feel sorry for them, I do. I'm not a Royalist but do appreciate that they don't choose to be born a Royal and Kate didn't choose to fall in love with him. I feel sorry for this baby actually. What would happen if, say, their DC all turned against the Royals and refused to be the next King/Queen?

Aboutlastnight Tue 04-Dec-12 13:58:04

I was all eeeewwww at the article basically stating that they must have been having sex ( yes young couples do that hmm) at around the time those topless pics were taken.

Yuck, yuck, yuck.

Makes you think of grubby journalist rubbing his thighs while writing that story...

Tailtwister Tue 04-Dec-12 14:01:43

I agree that the press should give them both some space. It seems from some reports that she's not even 12 weeks yet and it's a real shame they've felt they had to announce the pregnancy so early. I'm sure they would rather have kept things under wraps, but the speculation about her being in hospital would have made the situation worse. I do hope things progress smoothly and she's allowed to enjoy her pregnancy. It's a very special time and they both deserve some peace/

diddl Germany Tue 04-Dec-12 14:28:06

"What would happen if, say, their DC all turned against the Royals and refused to be the next King/Queen?"

There´s plenty of other candidates!!

squoosh Tue 04-Dec-12 14:33:11

I agree with GoldQuintessenceAndMyhrr, she's no fool, she knows this will have been the reaction. As someone else said, she'll be shielded from all the intrusion. It's not like they'll be taking snaps through her sitting room window. She has any number of country estates to retreat to for her 'confinement'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now