to just think the media should leave Kate alone (yes another thread)

(33 Posts)
kim147 Tue 04-Dec-12 07:09:40

I'm no Royalist but I just can't stand the media intrusion she is having now it's been announced. I know it's just happened but the BBC and no doubt others are live outside with updates.

It's very early days and anything could happen. All the stress of the media cannot help what is a traumatic time anyway for her at the moment. She must be under so much pressure. I just wish they could leave her alone and show some sensitivity.

ripsishere Tue 04-Dec-12 07:11:26

I wish it wasn't front page news. Much more important stuff happening in the world at the moment IMO.

CSIJanner Tue 04-Dec-12 07:23:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JeezyOrangePips Tue 04-Dec-12 07:24:11

'Woman has morning sickness - stop the press!'

It's not a news story. I agree with ripsishere, I wish they'd leave it alone. We know she's pregnant and in hospital. We don't need to know any more than that.

I suspect that she is shielded from any 'media intrusion', they won't be bedside with her, surely! And to be honest, she's got to know to expect it. Her mother-in-law died because of media attention (or not, depending on who you believe), and she chose to marry into the family.

So I guess I'm fairly ambivalent about the whole thing.

Apart from the fact we will be bombarded with Kate's pregnancy for 9 months and then new heir forever. Meh.

SomersetONeil Tue 04-Dec-12 07:25:21

Nice one compounding the crassness by posting a link to it...?!

SoupDragon Tue 04-Dec-12 07:26:21

She doesn't have "morning sickness" she has Hyperemesis gravidarum

Try googling it.

Aboutlastnight Tue 04-Dec-12 07:26:39

Heh heh

You are the media now. Thanks for the link.

kim147 Tue 04-Dec-12 07:27:17

It's not being ambivalent - it's more for her sake and the baby's sake. Pregnancy is stressful enough without everything she has to put up with.

CSIJanner Tue 04-Dec-12 07:28:21

"I fund the Daily Mails article trying to calculate when conception occurred rather crass..."

@Somerset - yep. Did realise that when I pressed submit. Have reported myself for removal

JeezyOrangePips Tue 04-Dec-12 07:29:12

Yes, I know - but yesterday it was being reported as 'severe morning sickness'. Hence the mock headline.

I think Wills will be quite firm on the Media intrusion during the next two years after what happenes to his mother.

Personally I hope they enforce a media blackout, with a few short press releases throught the pg and first year (much like his time at uni). Poor couple having the whole world know so early when.most people have the freedom to wait til after the 12wk mark.

JeezyOrangePips Tue 04-Dec-12 07:32:39

Well she chose to marry William, and presumably they chose to try for a baby knowing that a) things don't always go well and b) thd media would get themselves all get up about it.

So they've made the choice knowing these things.

Unless you are saying they didn't know these things, in which case are they fit to be parents?

Aboutlastnight Tue 04-Dec-12 07:34:19

Christ the Daily Mail has really gone for it...

SoupDragon Tue 04-Dec-12 07:36:56

I don't think many people realise you can be so ill as to lose 2 stone - and she doesn't have 2 stone to lose so it is perhaps more serious.

JeezyOrangePips Tue 04-Dec-12 07:40:51

It may not come across, but I have a lot of sympathy for her (and any woman) with HG, one of my good friends was in hospital for two weeks with it, and then on and off for the rest of her pregnancy.

But I still 'meh' about the media attention thing, other than it shouldn't be headline news.

Hippymama Tue 04-Dec-12 09:00:19

Hg is a very serious complication of pregnancy. I lost three stone whilst suffering from hg as I three up all day, every day. I threw up so much I was throwing up blood and ended up severely anaemic. The last thing in the world I would have wanted would have been people watching my every move, working out if I was going to be sick etc. Poor Kate sad

Hippymama Tue 04-Dec-12 09:00:38

* threw up, not three up

diddl Tue 04-Dec-12 09:03:18

HG must be bloody awful.

However-I´m sure she will manage to get home from the hospital safely & that she will be able to rest as much as she needs without the press hassling her.

Sad thing is that they had to announce as they wouldn´t have been able to keep her hospital stay under wraps.

kim147 Tue 04-Dec-12 10:39:31

Sometimes I just wish William would just stand in front of the media outside the hospital and remind them that his wife is at a very early stage, is probably really worrying and the last thing she needs is them in front of the hospital. Then ask them to leave her alone during this time.

Mrsjay Tue 04-Dec-12 10:41:23

argh no I am posting on another thread yes leave her alone she is very early pregnant, although a woman i work with has bought all her DDs baby things including pram and she hasn't even been to the midwife yet she did the test last week

specialsubject Tue 04-Dec-12 10:48:11

this is clearly a higher risk pregnancy and I find the assumption that there will definitely be a baby very naive. I hope there will be, but yes -enough already. Can't stand the thought of 7 months of this level of coverage, and I'm sure K and W can't either!

silvercup Tue 04-Dec-12 10:52:12

She would have known full well when she chose to marry William that her whole life would always be one big media intrusion. This is a huge news story and it's bound to be reported on - and it was only announced yesterday after all.

That said, I do feel sorry for them that they've had their hand forced to announce the pregnancy so early on.

GoldQuintessenceAndMyhrr Tue 04-Dec-12 10:54:05

Why?

This is her job description. She is fulfilling her duties as a royal wife to procreate and produce a royal heir or two.

Her remuneration package is not bad, and she knew what she signed up for.

diddl Tue 04-Dec-12 10:55:00

The press lining the street-it is awful.

I don´t get why there is such a demand for pics tbh.

We all know what they look like.

A pic of PW visiting his ill wife.
Waiting to get a pic of an ill woman leaving hospital-it´s mawkish(?)

Can´t people read a news story unless there´s a pic anymore?

ImperialSantaKnickers Tue 04-Dec-12 10:56:47

I'm quite upset that everyone I've heard chuntering on about it on tv/radio since yesterday is assuming there will be a baby. Even the celebrity doctors are failing to give reality checks that if the pregnancy is at as early a stage as we are all being led to believe, then there is a pretty big chance that she will miscarry. I can understand why the Firm made a judgement call to announce it, as otherwise there'd be just as many tv crews outside the hospital, but they'd all be feverishly speculating about is she/isn't she. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now