To hate sports direct?

(32 Posts)
plus3 Mon 03-Dec-12 20:44:12

Oh I know I am really,but bunch of bloody bastards angry

Bought something that was completely the wrong fit & tried to return it for my money back. Apparently they don't do this - you can exchange or get a gift card. My fault - it was the first time I have ever set foot in the place & tbh their exchange policy was visible at the till.

However, have just tried to buy the correct item on line & the website DOES NOT ACCEPT GIFTCARDS. WTAF?

I am very annoyed about this. This means I have to return to their jumble sale of 'shop' & speak to someone about ordering the correct item I wish to purchase. (bet they don't do that either..--fumes--)

So basically I was. Bloody unreasonable to even enter the door. Bah.

DillyDallyDayDream Mon 03-Dec-12 22:40:46

the carrying the shoes to the till is a company policy to make their customer service look good.

My local one is a 2 storey shop with the kids stuff UPSTAIRS AND NO LIFT - hmm how can I look At baby and kids stuff when I got a pushchair?

plus3 Mon 03-Dec-12 22:44:21

Cheap & treat customers like shit?? That is actually a customer policy? We will assume the little people won't complain so we can shaft them?

The t-shirt I bought is £24 in John Lewis ....£16 in sports direct. I don't actually deserve to lose money just because I chose a different shop (and made an error in picking up the wrong fit hmm)

44SoStartingOver Mon 03-Dec-12 22:46:26

Why are they all upstairs? Is it cheap retail space?

QuanticoVirginia Mon 03-Dec-12 22:51:32

I think I hate it more because I can't afford NOT to shop there. It has the most appalling customer service and the shop is claustrophic and over hot and everytime I go in there I vow it will be the last. However inevitably I'm back in there when the boys needs new sports equipment.

I once ordered some ski trousers on line in the sale ( not available in the shop). They arrived with the security tag on so had to go to the shop to get it removed. I was told it 'happened all the time' and then got berated by the shop assistant for shopping on line because it was doing the shop staff out of jobs. He may have had a point but by the same token didn't really encourage me to want to go shopping in store again!!

snice Mon 03-Dec-12 22:51:49

YABU
Its the only place I can afford to get football boots/astro boots/ shinpads/any of the other myriad pieces of equipment my children require

snice Mon 03-Dec-12 22:52:35

oh and I thought they carried your shoes to the till to stop people nicking them

Sparklingbrook Tue 04-Dec-12 17:56:17

It is my DS's favourite shop in the world. And my least favourite.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now