To tell my friend she has a 'tache...

(74 Posts)
PrettyFlyForAWifi Mon 03-Dec-12 18:39:44

Ex colleague but good pal. Not many secrets between us. But noticed her incipient tache last week...what do I do? Assume she has it in hand and it was a minor grooming fail? Give her jolene as a hilarious Xmas gift? Ive no idea how to broach the subject - heeeeeeellllp!

TidyDancer Mon 03-Dec-12 18:40:35

Why do you think this is your business?

goralka Mon 03-Dec-12 18:40:47

maybe she likes it?

HappyJustToBe Mon 03-Dec-12 18:40:52

Leave her alone, I reckon.

SantyClaws Mon 03-Dec-12 18:41:30

was it for Movember?

fantashtic Mon 03-Dec-12 18:41:51

Leave her alone! She might know and not care, she might not know and not care, she might be mortified and saving for laser treatment - but why do you care and what difference will it make to you if you tell her,

Please don't make her feel uncomfortable for it for it either way.

EndoplasmicReticulum Mon 03-Dec-12 18:42:14

I assume she's noticed it - after all she looks at herself every day. Maybe she was just between-grooming.

Maybe she's doing Movember?

Either way, none of your business.

EndoplasmicReticulum Mon 03-Dec-12 18:43:06

I have one. I know, I don't need anyone pointing it out. Sometimes, when it gets particularly luxuriant, I wax it. If I can be bothered.

Of course she will know and will probably be really paranoid about it. Don't do anything.

Startail Mon 03-Dec-12 18:43:39

Not a word. We know, we just don't always have time to get out the lawn mower.

redexpat Mon 03-Dec-12 18:43:49

Leave it for the beautician. I almost died a bit when she asked if she should do mine, but she did it in the nicest possible way.

HildaOgden Mon 03-Dec-12 18:43:51

Just because you see something,doesn't mean you need to say something.

PrettyFlyForAWifi Mon 03-Dec-12 18:45:33

No, I know her well enough to know she would want to know, have spent many an idle office hour discussing such things. I just don't know how to broach it.

ChippingInLovesAutumn Mon 03-Dec-12 18:47:23

Well, to completely buck the trend!! I'd want you to tell me - straight up would be fine smile I think it's easier to see a 'tach side on that it is facing the mirror. I suppose it depends on your relationship - but if you don't have many secrets, I can't see why it would be awful to mention it in a 'You might know and might not care, but I've only just noticed you have a bit of a 'tach coming on - did you know'? But my friends and I are close and would tell each other stuff like that.

scrivette Mon 03-Dec-12 18:48:17

Don't mention it, she probably hasn't had the time to deal with it and it will be gone in a few days.

ChippingInLovesAutumn Mon 03-Dec-12 18:48:27

x-post

Stop yer faffing and just tell her.

If she has a mirror, she knows already.

TidyDancer Mon 03-Dec-12 18:51:18

Do not broach it. It is none of your business. It's like telling someone they need to lose weight. Do you not think they already know something like that?!

Virgil Mon 03-Dec-12 18:52:05

I would want to know and I have one myself. I bleach it regularly but sometimes don't notice when the shadow is coming back until I suddenly look into the mirror in a particular type of light and scare myself. Tell her.

Kalisi Mon 03-Dec-12 18:52:35

Neeeeewp! Not a good idea.

CuriosityCola Mon 03-Dec-12 18:54:27

Can you mention yours and see if this makes her consider that she has one. I can only see mine in a certain light. I only found out mine was bad when getting my eyebrows threaded. I nearly died of embarrassment when the lady loudly asked, 'top lip?' grin

ATouchOfStuffing Mon 03-Dec-12 18:55:44

FWIW a friend of mine had one and her beautician told her it can be a sign of fybriods (or cysts on ovaries), so if she gets heavy periods you may want to mention that - my friend did have it as it turns out and they put her on a different type of pill which has helped periods and they have shrunk smile

PrettyFlyForAWifi Mon 03-Dec-12 18:58:46

That's a good idea, curiosity, ta.

soverylucky Mon 03-Dec-12 19:01:15

Poor woman. Don't tell her. She probably knows. She either doesn't give a shite or was between grooming. Either way - it doesn't really matter.

soverylucky Mon 03-Dec-12 19:02:10

When I say Poor woman - I mean poor woman in the sense her friend thinks her having facial hair is a terrible thing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now