to not expect me ex to deny our relationship!?

(92 Posts)
dawsonjunior Sat 01-Dec-12 14:29:49

We weren't together for ages (4 months) but he introduced me as his girlfriend to his friends, heard him mention my on the phone to his parents, told each other that we loved one another.

He got chatting to someone who didn't know was my friend, she asked if he was single and he said yes since May.

He's my ex for a reason. But I wouldn't deny our relationship.

squeakytoy Sat 01-Dec-12 14:34:56

why on earth do you still care? confused

4 months is a short space of time.. he is single now anyway isnt he?

QOD Sat 01-Dec-12 14:35:32

So when did you split up then?

dawsonjunior Sat 01-Dec-12 14:38:25

I have more respect for our relationship than to just deny it.

We split up about a week ago.

Theicingontop Sat 01-Dec-12 14:38:50

I'd be wondering why my friend was trying to chat up my ex confused

You shouldn't care, he clearly doesn't think you were serious, it was only four months. Maybe he didn't want to get into the details of a brief relationship with someone he thought he might have a chance with. Just forget about it.

missymoomoomee Sat 01-Dec-12 14:39:05

Maybe he just didn't want to get into his love life with a stranger, maybe he fancied your friend and didn't want her to know he had been seeing someone, maybe he knew she was your friend and wanted to annoy you.

How did your friend know who he was if he didn't know who she was? I don't think she was being very helpful by telling you tbh, sounds like you may not be over him if you are still bothered by what he says.

squeakytoy Sat 01-Dec-12 14:40:24

How is asking someone if they are single defined as chatting them up? Unless it is said with a leer and a wink or a nudge, it is just a general question to me.

bradywasmyfavouriteking Sat 01-Dec-12 14:40:25

He didn't deny it, he failed to mention a very brief relationship.

Some people don't like to mention everyone they have been out with.

Since it was brief he may not feel the need to point it out, he also may have felt it wasn't serious or exclusive.

bradywasmyfavouriteking Sat 01-Dec-12 14:41:41

Why did she ask him that if she knew he had been with you until a week ago?

Surely she already knew the answer.

There is more to this isn't there OP.

dawsonjunior Sat 01-Dec-12 14:43:41

He spoke about getting married, so it was serious.

I'm still mourning the loss our relationship yes.

We went to New York for a week in late September, but he told her that he went alone confused

squeakytoy Sat 01-Dec-12 14:46:37

speaking of marriage in a 16 week relationship is no indication that he was serious.. plenty of men just say what they think the woman wants to hear..

Theicingontop Sat 01-Dec-12 14:48:54

Why was she asking all these questions though? Was she spying for you?

Montybojangles Sat 01-Dec-12 14:50:21

Sorry it didn't work out, but four months is not very long, and if he's trying to pull he's hardly likely to tell someone he just split up last week is he?
Better to find out hes not that bothered, than to hang around hoping he might be back I would say.

missymoomoomee Sat 01-Dec-12 14:50:32

Speaking about marriage is no indication of the seriousness of the relationship tbh. I'm sorry you are hurting but dwelling on a 100 day romance and asking friends to report back things he says is just going to prolong the hurt.

dawsonjunior Sat 01-Dec-12 14:50:57

Not spying no. She had a chance meeting with him whilst waiting for her friend at a bar.

She recognised him and started talking.

squeakytoy Sat 01-Dec-12 14:52:32

did this conversation take place while you were with him or after you split up?

bradywasmyfavouriteking Sat 01-Dec-12 14:52:34

It was 16 weeks, whatever he said it wasn't serious. sorry.

Maybe he knew exactly why she was asking, maybe he did know she knows you.

Maybe he wasn't ready to disclose that he had recently broken up with someone.

Why was she snooping?

bradywasmyfavouriteking Sat 01-Dec-12 14:54:13

But why did she ask him questions she already knew the answers to?

Why didn't the conversation start with 'you are dawsons ex aren't you, how are you?'

When did she fail to mention she knew him, get this information then rely it back to you?

dawsonjunior Sat 01-Dec-12 14:55:02

took place after we split.

he definitely does not know we a re friends, never mentioned her, never saw her when were together and she doesn't have fb either.

missymoomoomee Sat 01-Dec-12 14:57:05

So how does she know who he is then confused

StarbugEnterprise Sat 01-Dec-12 14:57:33

So why was your friend asking is he was single if she knew he was with you? confused

It seems like you were quite serious quite quickly, if so YANBU (If you both thought it was serious!)

StarbugEnterprise Sat 01-Dec-12 14:58:44

Ignore the first bit just seen your most recent comment.

LineRunner Sat 01-Dec-12 14:59:08

How did she recognise him, if he'd never seen her before?

Tbh, maybe he didn't like being probed by a stranger. I often 'lie' if someone I don't know asks me impertinent questions.

dawsonjunior Sat 01-Dec-12 14:59:41

we weren't together when she asked him.

i've sent her photos of me and him together, and i rang her up and told her that we had broken up and that I was never given a proper reason as to why we broke up.

bradywasmyfavouriteking Sat 01-Dec-12 15:02:53

So she was fishing for info then?

How can you be pissed off that he didn't mention you, but think its ok for her to start a conversation, and try and get information out of him, with him without telling him who she was?

Double standards. She was being deceptive and so was he. I would assume he thought there was something strange about the questions and suspected he was being probed for info.

To be honest the whole situation is a bit childish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now