To ask anyone in the Wirral area who may not have seen this?

(28 Posts)
StickEmWithThePointyEnd Fri 30-Nov-12 19:29:51

To keep an eye out for David Hannam. He is 80 years old and the grandfather of an old school friend of mine.

(Info below has been copied from the Facebook page)

David was last seen on Saturday 24/11 at his local Martins news agent in his village picking up his morning paper.

He hasn't been seen since (possible sighting in village on Sat afternoon) Have you seen this man!? He has no illness' and this is very out of character for David so please share this picture as much as you can to get David home soon.

David is described as 5' 10" tall, of stocky build with thin balding grey hair, and bushy grey eyebrows. He was last seen wearing a navy coloured fleece/cardigan with brown leather buttons and a black hat with flaps covering the ears known as a 'deer stalker hat' and possibly a pair of gloves.

Residents in the local areas are being urged to check their gardens, sheds and outbuildings for any sign of shelter.

Please share this picture as much as possible wherever in the UK you are. David has lived in a few different areas and if confused, may return to somewhere he can remember. The more people that see David's face the better!

Thank you.

IshallcallyouBob Fri 30-Nov-12 19:41:55

Bump

StickEmWithThePointyEnd Fri 30-Nov-12 19:46:03

Thanks Bob, I'm crap at thread titles. I should have been more controversial to get everyone's attention wink.

iloveeverton Fri 30-Nov-12 19:49:16

I'm just north of liverpool but friends with a few on the wirral so I will put it on my fb. Really hope he is home soon.

Im in the wirral, my little boy was talking about him today he saw some pictures on lamposts. I cant get on the facebook link atm but when I do Ill share it.

StickEmWithThePointyEnd Fri 30-Nov-12 20:06:21

Thanks 5dc and iloveeverton. I hope he is inside somewhere, especially with the weather we have been having recently sad.

MisselthwaiteManor Fri 30-Nov-12 20:08:33

We're in the wirral, will keep an eye out. Where is he from, which village was he spotted in on Sat?

StickEmWithThePointyEnd Fri 30-Nov-12 20:11:02

Thanks Icicle, he's from Willaston and was last seen in the Martin's newsagent in that village at around quarter to eight in the morning.

DesperatelySeekingSedatives Fri 30-Nov-12 20:11:35

I live West Wirral and will go and check the garage and the shed right now just incase. Hope he's ok and is found soon!

ThePathanKhansWitch Fri 30-Nov-12 20:13:44

Bumping, i,m in the Midlands,but really hope he is found safe and well soon.

GiveMummyTheWhizzer Fri 30-Nov-12 22:15:21

I am in Eastham and have shared link. I also know the grandaughters other half. Hope he is home safe soon.

Out of interest where on the Wirral is everyone else?

StickEmWithThePointyEnd Sat 01-Dec-12 09:57:00

Bump

Pongwiffy Sat 01-Dec-12 12:19:33

Bump

puds11 Sat 01-Dec-12 12:23:23

bump

StickEmWithThePointyEnd Sat 01-Dec-12 15:05:30

Bump

GrannyRatAteAllTheMincePies Sat 01-Dec-12 16:31:13

I'm from the Wirral and have heard about this on Twitter. Will email this link to my friends and family as I don't have Facebook.

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Sat 01-Dec-12 16:36:50

Nowhere near but I have friends up that way so have shared.

fosterdream Sat 01-Dec-12 19:18:39

Bump

JackThePumpkinKing Sat 01-Dec-12 19:20:40

Post this in the local section as well - more local people will see it

StabbyMacStabby Sat 01-Dec-12 20:00:09

I've seen the posters put up in my area (Birkenhead) too.

Poor chap, I hope he turns up safe and well sad

ThePathanKhansWitch Sat 01-Dec-12 21:29:55

Any news of David?

StickEmWithThePointyEnd Sat 01-Dec-12 22:39:01

I haven't heard anything. sad

IshallcallyouBob Sun 02-Dec-12 08:06:27

He's been found! He's in hospital in Manchester and was found as a result of one of the posters with his image on but I don't know anything else, other than he seems to be ok !!!!

Growlithe Sun 02-Dec-12 08:09:02

Brilliant news

Just amazing news - I'm friends with his granddaughter and the heartache has been unreal - the power of these campaigns is incredible!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now