CAN I BELIEVE MY EYES? I would swear I have just seen SingleMums.net????

(66 Posts)
HullyEastergully Fri 30-Nov-12 12:14:32

And not only that but a pic of Bruce Willis as a potential suitor.

What is going on?

JenaiMathis Wed 19-Dec-12 23:25:49

Just did a quick search before saying the same, Cervix. I might report my post just to prod MNHQ gently in the chest.

LucieMay Wed 19-Dec-12 23:38:03

Why is a single parent dating site a bad idea? I massively prefer dating men with kids for tons of reasons, not least that one day, they may end up as step dad for ds and I want someone who's already proved himself as a good dad. Also makes it easier explaining why you need a sitter, can't be spontaneous etc! I also don't want any more kids and a guy in his thirties with kids is much likely to want a baby than one without.

DowagersHump Wed 19-Dec-12 23:43:48

There's nothing wrong with it per se LucieMay, despite Hully getting her voluminous knickers in a twist smile

I think it's more about the site pretending its something to do with MN when it isn't

JenaiMathis Wed 19-Dec-12 23:50:29

that and Single Mums .net .... it's all manner of wrongness.

MarcelineTheVampireQueen Wed 19-Dec-12 23:54:03

It even says in the blurb..

"*This site was created by parents (not single anymore) for parents to have a place to go for online dating*

SUE THEM!!!

LucieMay Wed 19-Dec-12 23:55:18

Dowa yeah I see what you mean, they have ripped off the logo.

CuttedUpPear Thu 20-Dec-12 00:01:29

And the website is cheaply constructed and full of typos - what an insult!

Kleptronic Thu 20-Dec-12 00:28:50

Damn straight it's cheaply constructed, and put together by someone with no design skills whatsoever. 'Tis a travesty.

Also I reckon by the spelling it's American. Or at least the copy has been written by an American. Or by someone with American set as the standard language in their pirate copy of Microsoft Word. With the spillchacker broken.

Not that I'm saying Americans are travesties. Clearly they can't all be. There's too many of them. Obviously every country in the world harbours travesties. I know mine does, and I'm one of them.

That site is a wrong 'un, and it shouldn't be advertised on here, which is not a wrong 'un.

Right that does it I'm going for a lie down.

ike1 Thu 20-Dec-12 00:34:04

D' ya think there might be some cocklodgers going cheap on there?????

JenaiMathis Thu 20-Dec-12 00:41:36

They ought to do PissedOffMums.net for desperate non-single mothers.

PiccadillyCervix Thu 20-Dec-12 00:51:03

Not that I'm saying Americans are travesties. Clearly they can't all be. There's too many of them. Obviously every country in the world harbours travesties. I know mine does, and I'm one of them.

I quite like that little disclaimer grin would have been nice on some of the threads going last week!

mirai Thu 20-Dec-12 00:57:13

I saw it too a few days ago <helpful>

CuriousMama Thu 20-Dec-12 01:06:35

shock Is it an offshoot of mumsnet? The logo!!!

I'll have to tell dp I looked, don't want him worrying wink

BelleDameSousMistletoe Thu 20-Dec-12 06:48:33

I noticed it and, despite being single, managed to resist... hmm. It looks so much like an MN site that I wondered if our previous jokes about a dating site had been taken up.

Please MNHQ make it go awaaaaaay...

IceTheChristmasKateMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 20-Dec-12 10:42:04

Hi everyone,

We've had a chat with the relevant people, and have been told that ad will be seen no more!

CuriousMama Thu 20-Dec-12 19:12:43

and the logo?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now