CAN I BELIEVE MY EYES? I would swear I have just seen SingleMums.net????

(66 Posts)
HullyEastergully Fri 30-Nov-12 12:14:32

And not only that but a pic of Bruce Willis as a potential suitor.

What is going on?

grin Hairy- that could've been used in 50 Shades- "His towering inferno of penisy pleasure made whatserface bite her lip"

MammaTJ Fri 30-Nov-12 13:42:04

OMG the logo is very similar. <hopes my DP does not feel the need to check browsing history>

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 30-Nov-12 22:39:40

Where are you seeing this???

AitchTwoOhOneTwo Fri 30-Nov-12 22:42:50

i actually thought i saw it as an ad on the site... deffo saw it earlier.

RandallPinkFloyd Fri 30-Nov-12 22:58:36

Ooh, I'm in!

Plain looking single mum, wrong side of 30, chubby, no baby-sitters, trust ishoos, saggy tits, and too many cats.

Looking for towering inferno of penisy pleasure.

<<Empties inbox in preparation for onslaught>>

OhFentonDUDE Fri 30-Nov-12 23:03:05

Yep I saw it too on the right hand column strip thingy, below discussions of the day etc.

shock

I did think, I ain't fucking clicking THAT!

AitchTwoOhOneTwo Fri 30-Nov-12 23:13:39

yes that's where i saw it, fenton. i actually thought it was quite a good idea, assumed it was HQ branching out.

OhFentonDUDE Fri 30-Nov-12 23:18:03

<<snort>>

quoteunquote Fri 30-Nov-12 23:19:32

link?

waltermittymistletoe Fri 30-Nov-12 23:21:08

www.singlemums.net

Look at the logo! shock

waltermittymistletoe Fri 30-Nov-12 23:21:33
Piffpaffpoff Fri 30-Nov-12 23:22:28

It is right under the Mumsnet Active box on the RHS of the page. It's there right now on this thread page as I type. Underneath it is an ad choices ad for EAS security tag systems (which, by the way, looks really shit, horrid font, totally out of place on the page!). Underneath the two ads is the usual RHS stuff - Mumsnet active, useful tools etc. I've done a screen grab, will try and send it to you if that would help.

LadyIsabellaWrotham Fri 30-Nov-12 23:23:05

I saw it too - 'tis not a hallucination. Track them down and sue their sorry asses to kingdom come for Passing Off, Olivia.

Softlysoftly Fri 30-Nov-12 23:24:01

Trying to work out if Olivia is horrified or quickly joining up smile

waltermittymistletoe Fri 30-Nov-12 23:25:12

Ooh I bet they're MNers!

AitchTwoOhOneTwo Fri 30-Nov-12 23:25:35

three and a half million members... oof.

quoteunquote Fri 30-Nov-12 23:50:52

thanks for the link,

Do we now try to link photo's to people on here.

the one in glasses is Hully.

runs away fast

quoteunquote Sat 01-Dec-12 11:58:21

I wonder what MN are doing about it.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 01-Dec-12 12:02:58

quoteunquote

I wonder what MN are doing about it.

We're, um, looking into it. smile

NaiceDude Sat 01-Dec-12 12:14:39

I was super confused when I saw that advertised on MN - I assumed it was MN's new dating arm as the logo is actually the same! confused

I don't think a single parents' dating service is such an awful idea. Dating with children can represent a very different dating trajectory - babysitters, not inviting them over for a longer time, having to cancel if LO becomes ill. It makes some sense to give people a chance to all be on the same page about it.

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Sat 01-Dec-12 12:16:01

there is a thread in Site Stuff on a similar note

some dodgy stuff on that "adchoices" bit...I saw "Sexy Ukrainian Dating" on there the other night hmm

I saw it the other day

BertieBotts Sat 01-Dec-12 13:10:12

I'm confused now, I thought hq would have been aware of what companies are advertising here? Don't they have to buy the space?

OatyBeatie Sat 01-Dec-12 13:14:05

I've seen that ad a few times and I wondered whether such astonishingly similar branding (the blue silhouettes of mothers, the colour combo of blue and purple, the Mums.net name) meant that the two companies were collaborating. If they aren't, it is a shameless rip-off, and what a cheek to actually advertise here!

PiccadillyCervix Wed 19-Dec-12 21:58:19

Um its back MNHQ and it's giving you guys a bad name I got to say

1. Look and feel your best!

You may have heard it’s what’s on the inside that counts but unfortunately men’s instincts say otherwise. Before the man will take their time to get to know you they will make a judgement on your appearance and whether he thinks you’re his type or not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now