To Not Know How to List this fecking Awful Sofa...

(158 Posts)

..On The Ebay.

Right, dp has a friend, they used to live together, friend is lovely, but my God he has the worst taste ever. I'm talking he is into stuff from before Changing Rooms came along, stuck in 1991. Bless him.

Anyway, he knows I sell all my old tat via Facebook and EBay, not for lots of cash, but have had a few "touches" as he refers to them and got more than I bargained for. So, he needs to sell his old sofa and has asked me to sell it for him on EBay.

I don't mind doing that at all. Except he has no idea that
a) salmon pink leather sofas with wooden bits are not the height of fashion
b) most sofas go for pennies now
c) it fecking minging

This sofa is so out dated, Barbara Cartland would have said no despite the sheer pinkness of it.

He spent 5 grand on it, and thinks he will get at least £500 for it. He'll be lucky to get £50.

What shall I do? I have said I will list it, but I don't know how to tell him if it doesn't sell why it didn't. I cannot just say "mates, its bloody awful" can I?

Pmsl grin grin

nannyl Sat 01-Dec-12 10:58:54

lol... well it has a bid.... £102 anyone?

blonderthanred Sat 01-Dec-12 11:29:32

The theatre I used to work for bought all its furniture & props from eBay. All sorts of broken/hideous stuff that even the sellers must have wondered what we wanted it for. So you never know!

musicalendorphins Sat 01-Dec-12 11:33:47

It would be ok if re upholstered in fabric I think.
I mean, your friend liked it, so others will as well.

He still likes it! Its just the place he is moving to comes with a sofa already.

It has 65 watchers now, over a thousand views which surely can't just be all you lot? Perhaps the lady who has bid has seen all the views and thought she'd beat the rush!

No, don't bid on it, he has to get rid by Tuesday, or he'll lose out whatever he seemingly may get for it

CuriousMama Sat 01-Dec-12 11:50:05

At least the bidder has plenty of feedback so most likely real. Can he block anyone with no or limited positive feedback? That way you could stop any mner bidding for a laugh.

Sorry 68 watchers

CuriousMama Sat 01-Dec-12 21:13:31

How did he react?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now