To think maybe we don't fit in?

(536 Posts)

I think I'm definitely an outsider on MN, my kids arent gifted, we aren't rich, dammit we both have the work, full time! we don't live in a castle, shopat waitrose and certainly don't eat this good ham that y'all talk about grin

Maybe I just go back under my rock?

I'm sooo chaining the Christmas tree to the radiator! Brilliant idea thanks op smile

Thank you Mickie from Utah! Why would you use a mooncup, why? What if it fell out because it lost suction?

I used to think I didn't really belong here but then I realised that actually there are loads of you that are just like me grin

prudencesmom Wed 28-Nov-12 00:07:03

Yes me too.
Have any of you read the "whats for dinner??????" thread on chat? shock

No but you can bet where we're all headed now lol

RE tree to the radiation, we've switched to a belt cos the chain got hot lol durrrrr

Ahh yes, thanks for the updated advice! I was truly wondering how I was going to stop dd2 from pulling the tree over every other minute of the day grin

Am I too late to join? I think I could be a good candidate...

My 5 year old takes chocolate spread sandwiches to school, and has a fruitshoot bottle for his drink, of course this is actually filled with cheapo squash after the first use, and actually, its an Asda copy fruit shoot!

I have leather sofas, massive tellys, spend the third world debt on my kids at Christmas, actually saying 'kids' is a bit naff too I spose.

My eldest has a Jaden/Kaden/Braden name!

I smoke, I drink, I wish i could afford to do both more!

I have debt, lots of debt

I have used the same 2nd hand pushchair for five years, through three kids!

My best clothes come from tesco's, everything else is Asda lol! Oh, and I 'lol' all over facebook!

I do go to Uni though, but as a mature student doing a useless degree just because the student loan equates to the same as a part time job and it gets me away from the kids for a few hours a week, i love um but they were doing my head in a bit...i miss the baby when Im not there though...although i do feed him formula...

That felt so fuckin good! grin

It's the same with the school mums, there are three definite 'gangs' and I'm not in anyones. sad. I talk to everyone regardless of what they wear, how they speak or any of that crap. I would rather be like that than be in a gang that blanks people.

flaggybannel Wed 28-Nov-12 09:30:59

Wow! Any room left under that rock?! I joined mn purely for this thread, av been lurking for a while but as i rarely fit in anywhere i didn join until now.
My case for a space under the rock-
Work part time, no hope of promotion- i wouldn want it either
I smoke 'fake' tabs, and sometimes baccy
I drink the cheapest cider i can find, never less than 7.5%- hate wine
I have many tattoos and love them!
My dc goes to local state school and is dyslexsic- plus colour blind- and would like to become a tattoo artist- (laughs loudly!)
We live in a council house on a council estate with semi-gypsys for neighbours- nice family btw
Am 32 my dc is 16- you do the math
I dont have a single piece of designer clothin or footwear but i do buy the knock-offs in the market- they are fab!
Fake leather sofa, laminate -check
I NEED a feature wall!
Typing in my leopard- print primark onesie
We live off iceland food- delivered cos i cant drive and couldn afford to run a car even if i did
Mooncups are rank
My dogs sleep in my bed
I let my dc pretty much run his own life and support him in whatever madcap bat-droppin crazy idea he has
I recycle but when the tin bin is full it goes in with the usual rubbish- and i dont care
Theres lots more but i think thats enough to get me under the rock- can i? Can i?

With pleasure!

Think we're gunna have to replace rock for cave hmm

flaggybannel Wed 28-Nov-12 10:37:43

A cave stacked to the rafters with indoor airers lol!
And a dented fridge for wafer thin smart price ham

flaggybannel Wed 28-Nov-12 10:39:23

A cave stacked to the rafters with indoor airers lol!
And a dented fridge for wafer thin smart price ham

InNeedOfBrandy Wed 28-Nov-12 10:40:25

No way I love my tumble dryer even if I got it on credit I don't want the cave getting damp and mouldy.

I do however love smart price ham grin

JugglingWithPossibilities Wed 28-Nov-12 10:41:13

And a warm welcome to Mumsnet flaggy - glad the thread encouraged you out to say hello and found you a friendly community of fellow under rock dwellers - I don't know about anyone else but I'm thinking creepy crawlies ? grin I think I just have an over-active imagination !

Right, must make it a LIDL day today and stop faffing - I need that Baileys !

And it's not my bloody fault he's gone to Peru FFS angry grin wink - emotions all over the place !

Lol..is it Peru for business or pleasure? I mean is he a llama trader? An aztec historian? A paddingtn bears illegitamte son looking for his long long bear inheritance?

Has anyone tried Aldi's amaretto? I fancy that. Agree with posts further back about Baileys in coffee, it is good, as is Amarula. I also like cherry brandy and cola. I admit that I love really good wine, but one of my friends only drinks Lambrini and waters it down with lemonade and it is a guilty pleasure drinking it round hers!

My lovely friends in RL are a mixed bunch which tells you more about me than anything else. I like people because of their personalities rather than status, postcode or profession.

JugglingWithPossibilities Wed 28-Nov-12 11:05:19

grin @ Llama trader, Aztec historian, and Paddington Bear gold-digger !

No, he's a bird-watcher. It's meant to be business but really it's one long bird-watching holiday that he has to come back and write about afterwards - call that work ?! He should try looking after 25 2-4 year olds which is what I do !!
(not on my own mind you I have to admit)

Theicingontop Wed 28-Nov-12 11:07:06

I'm sympathetic to the rock/cave/dwellingofshame, but I don't think I'd be allowed to join. OH would ban me from having money if he knew I'd given our son a chocolate button shock

25 of the ankle biters????

collapses

Theicing I'll give your DS a chocolate button then!

JugglingWithPossibilities Wed 28-Nov-12 11:17:21

Yeh, there's generally around that number - if there's a roughly similar number to hand back to parents at the end of the session that's always good wink

JugglingWithPossibilities Wed 28-Nov-12 11:18:34

See now why I need Bailey's from LIDL smile

Hahahahahaha - I really don't know how you do it!

theicing I'm gunna give him fruits hoots and cheese strings too when ur not looking,grin

prudencesmom Wed 28-Nov-12 12:36:47

Just want to say how lovely and down to earth you all seem smile
So glad its a ponceyfree zone wink
I have shares in poundland and home bargains and every similar store there is. I bloody live in them confused

Doogle2 Wed 28-Nov-12 13:03:09

Pleeeeeaaaassseee let me in the middle rock. My boys have a Biden top but I swear it's only because they gave me a £10 voucher. I let them drink fruit shoots whilst wearing them to cancel it out.

I have a fake leather sofa and laminate flooring but I like Waitrose mainly because I hate Tescos.

I don't fit in anywhere here hmm

I am happy to eat thin ham (mines from Budgens) but don't ask me to give up my nice white wine grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now