To Put The Christmas Tree Up This Weekend?

(87 Posts)
porkchopsandwiches Fri 23-Nov-12 21:44:12

DH wants to put the tree up now. His says loads of people have there trees up and, we've just had 8 bad months with DH being ill and out of work. We need cheering up.

I love our christmas tree too, but i could wait another week.

aibu not to?

I'm itching to do it tbh.
Got it all out and it's in a messy pile, would look neater up...

KenLeeeeeee Fri 23-Nov-12 21:48:11

Do it!!!

Mine is already half assembled and waiting to be decorated tomorrow

apostropheuse Fri 23-Nov-12 21:50:48

YABU

There are laws against putting up Christmas trees in November.

grin

Doshusallie Fri 23-Nov-12 21:50:53

Yabu. At least wait until December.

TysonsMummy Fri 23-Nov-12 21:55:07

the more cristmas the nicer hun

mum2threesons Fri 23-Nov-12 21:57:09

Do it! My tree is in my conservatory just waiting to be put together and jazzed up!

Katisha Fri 23-Nov-12 21:57:18

Won't you be sick of it by actual Christmas?

CHristmas isnt the whole of December plus New Year surely?

LaCiccolina Fri 23-Nov-12 21:57:27

Nope. I am. I'm 8mth preg in dec. I'd rather do now than then.

Bah humbug to anyone arguing with me ha ha!

lovelyladuree Fri 23-Nov-12 21:59:49

oh yes please do it. We walked home from school today shouting 'chav' at each house we saw with their decorations up. There weren't enough, though, but still excellent fun.

porkchopsandwiches Fri 23-Nov-12 22:09:08

You might be right there lovelyladuree. DH is a bit of a chav.

He saw a tree with some LD light 2 weeks ago and like them.

kay1975 Fri 23-Nov-12 22:14:46

Mines up! House has fully and I mean fully decorated all week!!

Do it and turn the christmas music up as well!

shesariver Fri 23-Nov-12 22:17:58

I dont get all the scrooge people who shout loudly "its too early"!!!!!!!....says who...them? The shops are full of Christmas stuff, are decorated for Christmas and Christmas type stuff has started, e.g the ice rink in George Square opens tomorrow, the lights there are on, all which I associate with Christmas! Why wait until December - I feel like bringing my decs down after Boxing Day so the longer before Christmas the better!

CheshireDing Fri 23-Nov-12 22:19:23

Nooooooo YABU Christmas stuff should only come out in December, unless you are a shop.

No dh wanted too and I've said no till devember

Katisha Fri 23-Nov-12 22:21:53

Of course the shops are full of Christmas stuff. Doesn't make it Christmas. 12 days of Christmas start 25th Dec.

toomuch2young Fri 23-Nov-12 22:22:39

I caved in to the pressure. Tree is now up. Decs to follow tomorrow.
Do it!

freddiefrog Fri 23-Nov-12 22:23:45

DH put tree up the first week of December last year. I was thoroughly sick of the bloody thing come Christmas.

At least wait until December

LDNmummy Fri 23-Nov-12 22:24:05

I'm waiting till two weeks before the big day as I think it will build the suspense, but I don't think doing it now is that bad either.

ClippedPhoenix Fri 23-Nov-12 22:25:58

Why not just leave it up all year round then grin

apostropheuse Fri 23-Nov-12 22:27:24

The shops are full of Christmas stuff to selll stuff in preparation for Christmas, not because it's Christmas.

Shesariver I presume you're talking about the decorations in George Square in Glasgow. I think they're a bit disappointing again. I remember (when I were a lass!) they used to be so much nicer, and all up Buchanan Street, Sauchiehall Street and along Argyle Street. Buchanan Street's got those poncy bloody cone Christmas trees up yet again too!

Oh well.

marriedinwhite Fri 23-Nov-12 22:31:38

The needles will all have falled by Christmas Day.

The weekend before (possibly a few days earlier) and down on 6th January.

If you have it up longer than that the balls will need dusting shock.

Compromise and put a few outside lights on a tree or something. I went to a party last night and there were lights in the Bay Trees along the path up to the house.

onedev Fri 23-Nov-12 22:34:47

Tree goes up the Sunday after Thanksgiving, so ours is going up on Sunday - yippee grin

greencheddar Fri 23-Nov-12 22:35:17

I really want to put ours up but I have to wait till after dd's party on the 15th of December or there's won't be room for games and dancing!! And I like her to feel special on her birthday with banners and balloons.

Yanbu!!

That settles it.
I'm on benefits so I'll put them up

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now