Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career ×

AIBU to leave DH to make his own way home?

(104 Posts)

DH due home from London tonight. I had to pick him up from the station as we are having car troubles. Told me he would be on the train arriving at 8.45. Texted me to say he was on train. Now I have been at work all day, come home, fed children, sorted house, been parent helper at guides also. Drove 20 mins in dark and rain to station, waited 25 mins as train was late due to weather. Train came in to station. Train left station. No DH. Called him, sent texts, no reply. So we drove home and the DD's are now in bed asleep. He has just rung, and clearly he has been drinking. The story is he fell asleep and missed his stop, went several stops down the line in fact and is now wending his way back home. I have told him to make his own way back from the station. Now this will be tricky as we live in the arse end of nowhere and there are no taxis. Station a good 10 miles away across country lanes. He clearly thinks I am being unreasonable for not collecting him. AIBU? WWYD?

Pack up his stuff and leave it in the front garden for when he gets back. Then tell him to fuck off back to wherever he was.

Why are you still putting up with this?

lisad123 Fri 23-Nov-12 23:37:09

Did he come home yet?

Yes he was here when I got home tonight. No apologies, in fact we had a row - have posted in relationships about it. Apparently I am a bully who gives him no credit for how hard he works and am always having a go at him. He has gone upstairs to bed but is not in our bedroom, he seems to have taken a pillow and gone to his study. If we lived somewhere "normal" this would not have happened apparently and people fall asleep on trains "all the time".

ImperialBlether Fri 23-Nov-12 23:48:31

Teeny, are you going to continue to live with a man who advertises himself on a website?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now