Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To be FURIOUS about this...

(131 Posts)
Seriouslyangry Wed 21-Nov-12 21:34:25

I ran out of moisturiser (very quickly I thought), and so decided to cut the bottle open to get the rest of it as it was expensive and money is tight.

Well no wonder it ran out so quickly because almost the entire bottle is EMPTY! There was a little plastic seal at the top to hold in a teeny bit of moisturiser and the rest was just empty air!

So cross and not buying again!

photo

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Fri 23-Nov-12 07:14:43

grin I've done the same thing but with a deodorant stick classy.

RandallPinkFloyd Thu 22-Nov-12 23:44:57

Definitely classics for you op!

I could genuinely feel your rage grin

(Soz for the piss taking but kudos for taking it like a champ!)

Actual lols at HoneyDragon's H too.

BegoniaBampot Thu 22-Nov-12 23:32:36

Why do I keep picturing Bupcakes for some reason - Bupcakes is that you?

DowagersHump Thu 22-Nov-12 23:32:26

I think you're a designer. The way you laid out the type on your shocked and furious photo is exemplary grin

mrskeithrichards Thu 22-Nov-12 23:16:01

Aldi creams are great, like really really great.

fuckwittery Thu 22-Nov-12 23:13:22

actually, just checked Aldi's website and most of the pots no longer have the rising thing, although this one still does
rising bottom shimmer day cream

but even without the rising bottom the Aldi pots of cream are great, they are 1.99 when they're about 6-7 quid for oil of olay equivalents and they have rave beauty magazine reviews

is there a better phrase to use than "rising bottom"? <goes to look up thread for inspiration>

fuckwittery Thu 22-Nov-12 23:09:17

OP, go to Aldi and get their moisturiser. They have the same posh rising bottom thing and it's just as good as OoU (is it ulay or olay now, can't remember).

ZebraOwl Thu 22-Nov-12 22:13:03

This made me laugh so hard I have startled the kittens. And forgotten how that whole breathing thing works...

Oh, a classic if ever I saw one - well done OP for coming back! grin - love the cream cheese story too!!

Seriouslyangry Thu 22-Nov-12 21:43:57

The pic got reposted a few posts back.

Thank you StuntGirl for suggestion as DH will definitely hmm if I try to buy it again next time we go shopping now. Think I will try and blag my way out of that self embarrassment at least, although he didn't spot my mistake either! So at least we're well-matched <goes to fling self off cliff>.

DrinkFeckArseGirls Thu 22-Nov-12 21:17:52

Oh, OP... You made my evening. Put the photo up again, pretty please! grinsmile

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Thu 22-Nov-12 21:15:35

grin WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

GreenEggsAndNichts Thu 22-Nov-12 21:12:50

HD My German husband would support your cream cheese campaign. He likes his rules and regulations and dammit it's 79p for 250grams of cream cheese, not 79p for 240grams of cream cheese.

(I knew that would be his reaction but I did just test him. He pursed his lips and twitched a bit at the very thought of it. grin )

Everlong Thu 22-Nov-12 20:59:39

Thank you lougle smile

<high fives OP> fab wink

Lougle Thu 22-Nov-12 20:56:42

Everlong, the OP had used the cream, but didn't realise the shelf rises as you pump, so when she opened the tub, she saw that the tube was almost empty (it was) but thought that it hadn't been full in the first place and that they'd used a clever disguise

Everlong Thu 22-Nov-12 20:38:14

Where was the cream?
Don't be mean, just explain to me please? smile

HoneyDragon Thu 22-Nov-12 20:28:43

Fab. I did not know the op had returned.

I flipped out at Sainsbos once and demanded to be present at the weighing of their cream cheese as mine was always under 250g. Which meant some other bastards were getting extra or they were running and elaborate cream cheese scam. I had the phone in my hand and was selecting caller options before dh went

"HD - it's 79 pence. What the you actually intend to achieve?"
blush

feelingdizzy Thu 22-Nov-12 20:26:19

Thank you,so much I have had the crappest day ever and you have really put a smile on my face.

Seriously well done for taking it with such good grace .

cheesesarnie Thu 22-Nov-12 20:18:22

op i adore you.

you've cheered me up!

missymoomoomee Thu 22-Nov-12 16:49:24

I have asked if it can be put into classics. Fingers crossed MNHQ agree. Its made me laugh so much.

Oh this has to go in classics surely?

Blu Thu 22-Nov-12 16:34:50

If it ran out quickly interrogate your DH - he may have been using it to slather on his hands as if it were cheap Nivea.

I speak from experience, here.

MySweetPrince Thu 22-Nov-12 16:24:04

Seriously - I have just finished one of these exact moisturisers.if you snap the TOP off you can get a few more grams of product out.........{cheapskate emotion} wink

diddl Germany Thu 22-Nov-12 16:15:39

Oh, thank you!

Never seen one before.

But I think I recognised the brand & will have a look!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now