Work

(78 Posts)
HtotheS Wed 21-Nov-12 20:19:04

I've been back at work since July I'm a teacher. I've been mentally unwell diagnosed with bi polar.

I've only just got back into the swing of things when we have a local authority review.

I did okay but some areas of my teaching needs improving.

I've been given 3 quite hefty targets that I'm getting observed on in the next 6 weeks.

I really feel under pressure about it. I know everyone needs targets but I feel I need more time to get back into work and get my head around how to be the best teacher I can be.

AIBU in thinking I shouldn't have these targets? The headteacher by the way thinks I an easily meet the targets.

I just feel the pressure and feel anxiety over it

NoraGainesborough Thu 22-Nov-12 15:31:58

than all this 'I expect teachers to TEACH' BS that so many are spouting here.

Yeah, how stupid are people who expect teachers to teach.

The problem is that while the OP is tryo g up get her head round it she is well enough to teach/ still wants to teach. There is a class of students, missing out on their education and that's not right.

Heroine Thu 22-Nov-12 17:46:35

raising another invented 'problem' and then using that second 'problem' as the excuse for not dealing with the first problem is not really mature is it.

NoraGainesborough Thu 22-Nov-12 18:09:05

????

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now