About costume for nativity

(32 Posts)

So, DD1 is a star in the nativity and needs a costume by end of November. She's in reception so first thing I have had to make and I was quite looking forward to it.

DH just emailed to say he has bought a star costume off Amazon. I sent him a (shirty) email back saying he will be sending it back as I am making it.

Aside from the fact that I was looking forward to making it, I also don't see the point on spending £12 on something I can make for practically nothing. (I just need to get some card).

Oh and I'm currently a SAHM so have the time. So, WIBU to make him send it back? I feel a bit bad now as he thought he was being helpful.

(There may even be 'etiquette' on making/buying costumes that I'm not aware of).

Yes she is my PFB. grin

DH is fine about it. He is used to my outbursts of over-reacting.

A lighthouse you say...

ISeeSmallPeople Tue 20-Nov-12 18:20:33

Put all world book day, roald Dahl day, alien day, bug day, fairy tale day, lighthouse keepers day, children in need, red nose day, sports relief, etc stuff in your diary now. Some happen every bloody year.

Check what older children are wearing, & scan all the newsletters so you have a vague idea of when the next unreasonable demand polite notice from school will drop through her book bag.

PenguinBear Tue 20-Nov-12 19:31:42

YANBU to want to make it although just wanted to say how lovely your dp sounds smile. Much better than having one who never changed one nappy and now refuses to come to parents evening / school concerts as he's done it all before. Awful seeing all the other dp's there and knowing yours just cannot be bothered sad

CollieEyeOfNewt Tue 20-Nov-12 19:41:18

Oh thank god pre-school provided the costumes when DS came home and announced he was "the merkin" in his play shock confused
And his friends were "the franky sense king" and "the gold king".

Oh, I see! grin

BlackholesAndRevelations Tue 20-Nov-12 19:43:12

YABU to be stressing about this so much. Have you nothing else to worry about?

5Foot5 Tue 20-Nov-12 20:35:52

ISeeSmallPeopleTue 20-Nov-12 17:29:52
I need a light house keepers outfit by Monday if you'll take orders?

RatherBeACyborgTue 20-Nov-12 18:08:13
A lighthouse you say...

Haha! Now I have this mental picture of an enthusiastic mum not reading the letter properly, spending all weekend on the costume and then going in to school on Monday with their PFB draped from head to foot in a red and white cylindrical column with a light and toy helicopter on their head while everyone else's child is just wearing a souwester.

kilmuir Tue 20-Nov-12 20:41:54

never had to make any costumes, all the schools my Dc have attended have supplied the costume.
badly made homemade ones are awful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now