To use the word 'Frape' ?!

(33 Posts)
tescocarrierbagexplosion Tue 20-Nov-12 02:01:42

Because I have used it. And would use it again!

I was sexually abused - and worse by my mums boyfriend when I was younger. He's been dealt with by the law - I don't want sympathy it's done and in the past. But seriously I know people think that using the word frape is terrible and insulting etc, and that the people who use it aren't very intelligent..

But I use it, and I've been through rape.. And I'm reasonably intelligent!

I just don't get what the big problem is!

threesocksmorgan Tue 20-Nov-12 08:29:45

yabu
I have never used that "word" but imo if people find it offensive you don't use it.
so easy to find another word.
tbh this reminds me of the whole "it's ok to use the R word" crap.
why set out to offend, what is the point??

noddyholder Tue 20-Nov-12 08:31:28

Even my son and his mates think its wrong

EchoBitch Tue 20-Nov-12 08:31:56

Wasn't this done to death yesterday?

Oh and YABU,it is offensive.

GobblersSparklyExplodingKnob Tue 20-Nov-12 08:32:20

Sorry Horatia if I had had a coffee, I probably would never have nicked it, I was just pissed off and to me you had said what I wanted to very eloquently, I haven't missed anything off of your post though, that was the whole thing, sorry again though smile

Sadly I am all too able to "understand why it upsets or annoys people" and don't actually give a flying fuck what the context might be, it is a deeply ignorant and as said above, insensitive use of language.

noddyholder Tue 20-Nov-12 08:35:06

It minimises something totally devastating to many people and reduces it to a bit of online banter

Sorry, Gobblers, I was pre-brew too. Not all that comment was directed at you, and the disclaimer had been in a subsequent comment.

I was shouting at the OP, not you.

GobblersSparklyExplodingKnob Tue 20-Nov-12 10:08:36

blush I have re-read you post Horatia and it is clearly not all directed at me, apparently I just can't read.

AnyFucker Tue 20-Nov-12 10:11:36

Thread about a thread. Innit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now