To want to kill my neighbours?

(14 Posts)
MTBMummy Sun 18-Nov-12 17:06:40

I've had on going with my basically inconsiderate neighbours so was pleased when last weekend they decided to start tidying up their garden for the first time in 3 years. So I was less than impressed when I next looked out and saw not only had they ripped out everything (including my rose on my side of the fence) but pulled all the crap up against our fence so it is now leaning. I bit my tongue as DP said I should just be grateful they finally made an effort and the rose may have been a mistake.

So I wake up this morning after having been away for a few days and getting home in the dark that they have now done the same in the front garden and destroyed the lovely lilacs I had growing down the boundary. They weren't big enough to block their light, but did block our view which is now directly into a nieghbours house across the road. Not only where they lovely but they used to be fill of birds, and today we've almost no birds in the garden.

I've had a crap week so I may be over reacting, DP thinks I am, but the liliacs where on both sides of the fence and they have cut them all down to about 2ft high. I'm fed up of these neighbours they make constant noise, do DIY after midnight, have blazing rows laugh in your face when you do go and complain. I just want to go round and beat them with the now dying branches - some of which have been dumped in our front garden.

Argh! Sorry rant over, as you were

Feckbox Sun 18-Nov-12 17:11:21

I'll come over and help you beat them up.
What rude people

FromEsme Sun 18-Nov-12 17:12:56

How rude. I had inconsiderate neighbours too, they were frightfully middle class and were all "oh how awful" if we complained about anything but they were forever leaving bin bags everywhere, letting them fall into our garden and dropping litter.

Twats.

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Sun 18-Nov-12 17:13:17

bastards.... that's all i can say really sad

simplesusan Sun 18-Nov-12 17:16:40

YANBU.
Can you offer to plant a nice dividing border or similar? Take charge of the garden, I know you shouldn't have to but if it is a case of a dredful garden or a great garden, but you do the work, I think I would choose the latter.
Very annoying though.

Charliefox Sun 18-Nov-12 17:16:47

I hear you. Would volunteer to come round and beat em up with branches with you but I fear we might get into trouble! Feck em instead and hope the karma police get em.

sarahseashell Sun 18-Nov-12 17:18:59

Feeling your pain I have inconsiderate neighbours as well angry
have a brew

MTBMummy Sun 18-Nov-12 17:31:12

Thanks all - good to know its not just me being OTT.

I suspect beating them with the branches would get me in trouble especially if a mums net lynch mob turned up and helped - although it's a very comforting thought :-)

I'm going to try speaking to them, thankfully I have been growing some holly bushes in pots for a few years now and I may plant those out. I'm not holding out much hope for getting any joy from them, but hopefully if I explain these are my bushes and if they touch them I will then contact the housing association about them, maybe they will then leave them alone.

Apologies for the awful spelling and odd words in my first post, must read back rants when posted on anything with predictive text

MTBMummy Sun 18-Nov-12 17:31:58

Ooh a nice brew just what the doctor ordered

SecretCervix Sun 18-Nov-12 17:39:12

Anything they dump in your garden, chuck back.

sarahseashell Sun 18-Nov-12 17:58:56

smile yes but don't say 'don't touch my bush' as it could be misconstrued wink

RibenaFiend Sun 18-Nov-12 18:02:16

Ah, sarah I would say "don't touch my bush" but then I LOVE confusing or worrying people like that!!! grin

LifeIsBetterInFlipFlops Sun 18-Nov-12 18:08:12

Right with you OP...rotten situation.

boomting Sun 18-Nov-12 18:09:18

YANBU.

Arguably, anything they've done on your side of the fence is criminal damage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now