To use DHs toothbrush

(40 Posts)
DuddlePuck Sun 18-Nov-12 11:26:26

And not tell him. Hes a bit funny about it, but I dropped mine down the loo last night and my mouth feels too ick to go to the shops and get a new one without a quick brush first.

Have to admit to nearly posting last night asking if IWBU to just fish mine out and use it anyway...

shinyblackgrape Sun 18-Nov-12 12:33:09

morebeta - were you at that lecture too?!

He's currently in the middle of constructing a complicated piece of furniture - but rest assured. I shall be hiding my toothbrush and sticking this thread under his nose!

I am pretty anal though, I won't leave my toothbrush in the bathroom because of poo aerosol from the toilet.

FundusCrispyPancake Sun 18-Nov-12 12:36:52

Ha!

My DH often forgets which toothbrush is his and uses mine.

I use his beard trimmer to do my bush.

Fair's fair!

MoreBeta Sun 18-Nov-12 12:44:54

shiny - not that lecture but a lecture just like it.

I did a biochemistry degree and growing vile bacteria was what we did for our course work every week. grin

shinyblackgrape Sun 18-Nov-12 13:21:27

Right - I'm back. Via a mouthful of screws he has agreed with More and kiss - but asked me to point out that he is only talking about very occasional sharing and mix up between 2 adults in an er "intimate relationship" Also, toothpaste has some anti bacterial protection too.

kiss - funnily enough he is strange re the poo particles thing too. When we moved in, I put the tooth brushes on the sink which was nearish the loo and he moved them in to a cupboard where they still live so they didn't get contaminated by loo water - yuck.

McChristmasPants2012 Sun 18-Nov-12 13:30:24

This thread has bought a smile to my face, before moving in with DH staying over his flat was always last minute. I always joked that once I bought my tooth brush over it meant I was ready to move in. I had forgot this until this thread

TidyDancer Sun 18-Nov-12 14:02:31

Ew no, I would not want to share a toothbrush. YABU. Glad you found a way around it!

Softlysoftly Sun 18-Nov-12 14:09:06

You can die from sharing toothbrushes. shock

There was a thread a while ago and you get hepatitis and die, or something, there was a convincing NHS link, honest!

Tis true!

Trills Sun 18-Nov-12 14:15:22

DH pointed out that I would probably get more "germs" from having his cock in my mouth

That.

getagoldtoof Sun 18-Nov-12 14:16:03

i interchange mine with dh, but wouldn't dream of doing so with anyone else. we don't have set 'sides' of the bed either. we eat food off each other's plates. we share socks. we're quite disgusting, actually.

Softly: I know the daily mail says everything will kill you but this seems to back up what you said:
www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-388236/Danger-humble-toothbrush.html

carabos Sun 18-Nov-12 16:36:22

Oo-er! We don't have personal toothbrushes! I buy a pack of Tesco own brand of four for 80p or whatever they are every couple of weeks, shove them into the glass and you just use the first one that comes to hand. No one died yet but clearly it's only a matter of time grin.

bedmonster Sun 18-Nov-12 17:08:41

carabos shock

That makes my stomach turn!!!!! grin

That is really grim, carabos, you might as well re-use loo roll.

ClippedPhoenix Sun 18-Nov-12 17:12:47

Boak, you dirty buggers! No, never.

Used ex's to clean the loo once though grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now