To think that Currys/PcWorld is shit

(60 Posts)
PolarCub Sat 17-Nov-12 16:00:12

I am furious with Currys and really don't think I'm being unreasonable!

My chest freezer died Wednesday 7th Nov - one of these things, had had it a few years.
So I went to Currys to buy a new one. It was to be delivered on Saturday 10th Nov - It came when expected but it was damaged (it had a big dent on the front and was filthy). Ok, again one of these things.
Got in touch with Currys, several frustrating phone calls later, I would have to phone back on Monday as the freezer manufacturer is closed at the weekends and as the freezer comes direct from the manufacturer Currys need to get a returns number from them before we can do anything.

Monday comes - Phone Currys get it sorted for damaged freezer to be collected and new freezer to be delivered on Weds 14th Nov.

Wednesday comes - New freezer comes and this one has a bigger dent on it, the coil has also come through the back panel of the freezer and it is completely filthy too.
Phone Currys again - another frustrating phone call - but arrange for damaged freezer to be collected and another new one to be delivered on Fri 16th Nov.

Friday comes - New freezer delivered - This one is clean and no dents! But the bloody front electrical panel is hanging off and no it won't simply clip back in!!!

I now have to wait till Monday as the freezer manufacturer is closed at the weekend and we can't get a returns number till they open so can't organise anything.

I am furious with Currys. All I want is for a new freezer that isn't damaged or bloody filthy and works. I have had to wait in for days for damaged freezers to arrive and all I've had from them is that they have refunded my original delivery fee.
I've also had to arrange for my Dad to come up twice to move the freezer to get the serial number off the back of it (I can't do it as I have arthritis and am on crutches) so that we can get a returns number from the manufacturer.

I don't suppose anyone has an email address for someone really high up in Currys to help sort this do they?

Pixel Tue 27-Nov-12 20:39:17

Noticed today that our local Comet is closing down which I suppose means the Curry's round the corner will be getting more business.hmm

MistressIggi Tue 27-Nov-12 20:27:15

£150 seems nice until you remember how many days the OP has spent sitting in for deliveries and phonecalls. Looks like they value her time at about £25 a day - not very realistic is it.

ArtexMonkeyDude Tue 27-Nov-12 18:43:39

Compare and contrast the mner whose John Lewis bed arrived damaged. I can't find the thread, but by the end of the same day, iirc, she had her money back AND a replacement bed.

Selks Tue 27-Nov-12 16:38:22

Glad you've got your money back, OP. I still won't be ordering from there.

PelvicFloorClenchReminder Tue 27-Nov-12 16:33:41

I hope they don't consider £150 a bribe to try and silence the deafening roars of CURRYS IS SHIT that echo around the land.

Trazzletoes Tue 27-Nov-12 16:25:02

Glad you have it sorted, Polar. I'm 6 weeks in and have had no satisfactory response to my complaint (well, they eventually fitted my washing machine despite not employing anyone who can fit such appliances hmm but I'm still out of pocket for phone calls totalling more than 2 hours to 08 numbers to try and resolve the issue.

They are conveniently ignoring this and, to be honest, I can't face spending more money to try and resolve it, so I shall simply make it my life's work to educate people about the absolute horror that is Currys.

With any luck they will be out of business soon.

PolarCub Tue 27-Nov-12 15:59:33

Well for me the saga has been resolved smile

I now have a cheque for £150 winging it's way to me shock grin

Apparently the whole pallet of these freezers were damaged. So beware if you are buying a Norfrost C7AEWC

I'm happy this is now resolved, but so angry that it has taken the power of Mumsnet to do this.

amicissimma Tue 27-Nov-12 14:57:48

I have been buying printer ink at the same branch of PC World for some years. My latest attempt:

Searched all over, couldn't find it. Approached assistant, described the ink and asked if they had it and if so, where it was.

Assistant: 'Yes, it's over there' (points)

I go where she indicated and searched high and low. Same assistant appeared;

'Have you found what you are looking for?'
Me: 'No. I'm looking for ...' (describe ink)
Assistant: 'We don't stock that'.
Me: 'Oh, I've always got it here. When did you stop stocking it?'
Assistant: 'We've never stocked that type'.

Thank goodness for Amazon.

Selks Tue 27-Nov-12 14:42:27

Well I've got several appliances to replace (after being flooded in the summer) and won't be shopping at Currys if this is how they treat their customers!

Gingersstuff Tue 27-Nov-12 13:39:27

I'll chime in and say Currys are shite too. The shop staff are awful and online service is a joke. I defected to and also highly recommend Appliances Online, have had my last few deliveries from them (freezer, fridge, cooker, extractor fan, and then washing machine) and their service is great. Even the delivery people were courteous and helpful and took all the packaging away :-)

CheerMum Tue 27-Nov-12 13:18:31

CURRYS IS SHIT
CURRYS IS SHIT
CURRYS IS SHIT

buggerama Tue 27-Nov-12 12:37:09

Outrageous! Currys must be still reading this seeing as they are aware of the post.

I say keep bumping, so as many of us know how shit Currys are as possible, spread the word, we have power

PolarCub Tue 27-Nov-12 12:27:30

Maybe MNHQ could ask Appliances online for a discount for Mumsnetters in support of Currys is shit grin

PolarCub Tue 27-Nov-12 12:25:23

Hi CheerMum I've just read your thread. I can still confirm that Currys are shit and I wouldn't hold your breath for Katherine to get in touch with you!

I spoke with Katherine last week and arranged for her to phone me back which she did - an hour and a half later than we agreed, we then discussed some options.
We then arranged for her to phone me back yesterday (to give me the weekend for me to find something else suitable) and she didn't even phone back.

so currys if you are still watching this thread:

Your customer services is shit

I would expect a very big goodwill gesture & some flowers & possibly some (dairy free) chocolate for all the bloody hassle you are putting me through

Currys - I understand that this is drop shipped from your supplier but what are you doing to get this sorted? Once you replied you should have been able to ensure this was sorted (not that it should take that). Your supplier should have done whatever was needed to have got this sorted.

Hope you're ok today OP.

Another one here thats used Appliances online, ordered my Tumble dryer from them, they were the cheapest around and there service was great. smile

ninah Mon 26-Nov-12 20:52:26

thank goodness for this thread! my washing machine just died and I was on the point of ordering through currys, the only thing was it was a total faff getting a delivery date, you have to put in 3 different options and I have really limited time
appliance direct does 7 days a week, you put in when you want, basically - impressed so far! hope the service is as good when they turn up smile

OscarPistoriusBitontheside Mon 26-Nov-12 20:07:09

I'd you are in manchester then I thoroughly recommend direct discounts.com my mum and Nanna have used them and they deliver on time, what you've ordered ad take your old appliance away.

ArtexMonkeyDude Mon 26-Nov-12 20:00:07

This is why John Lewis are laughing all the way through the recession while their competition goes to the wall.

CheerMum Mon 26-Nov-12 19:46:37

i am steaming mad with currys myself (started my own thread cos hadn't spotted this one)
they are fucking ridiculous.
agree that it'll only be a matter of time before they go belly-up like comet.

MistressIggi Mon 26-Nov-12 19:43:54

I'm so angry on your behalf OP, it really shows contempt for the customer to send you yet another faulty appliance.
Pc World's repair centre left us without a computer for weeks last summer, and god knows how much money I spent on the phone to people who just lied and lied to me.

ginmakesitallok Wed 21-Nov-12 17:47:35

That is amazing - even after knowing about this thread they STILL get it wrong! go somewhere else.

poorbuthappy Wed 21-Nov-12 17:47:22

Cancel the order and buy from elsewhere before your head comes off.

Vivalebeaver Wed 21-Nov-12 17:41:39

They are taking the piss. A friend had similar problems with laminate from b&q. After the third delivery of scratched laminate the manager personally selected the laminate packs for my friend and came out in the lorry with the delivery.

Curry's manager should have unboxed/unpacked and checked the item and then repackaged it.

WelshMaenad Wed 21-Nov-12 17:31:28

YANBU, they're useless, and I wouldn't be fobbed off with bleaty apologies aimed at limiting the damage to their reputation rather than appeasing the customer, either.

I would ask for ALL your money back - I think a free freezer is the least you're owed after so many fuck ups.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now