Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To think its bloody typical DH has a migraine...

(34 Posts)
IShallCallYouSquishy Sat 17-Nov-12 12:30:05

When I asked him during the week if he would have DD while I have an afternoon to myself to do Xmas shopping.

Ok, I know he can't help a migraine and they are horrible things to suffer, and I know there are more weekends I can do my shopping, but I was looking forward to it. Waaaah! Where's my toys so I can throw them out the cot?

I honestly never go out without DD for more then 45 mins as she's only just stopped refusing bottles and is back to sleeping well again. I'd written a list and everything sad

Ok, whinge and whine over. Just wanted to moan.

CaliforniaLeaving Sat 17-Nov-12 16:23:26

Poor guy, I can see why you are a bit miffed at the change in plans, but also that theres nothing he can do about it either.
I'm a migraine sufferer too, but have some great meds so long as I take them when I feel it starting. Even then there are days where I take to the bed and leave Dh to it, if he's not here I pretty much lay on the couch and pray for death while Dd nurses me back to health.
If he gets them fairly often I'd recommend a trip to the doc to see what can be done. No one should have to suffer though this on a regular basis if medication could help.

IShallCallYouSquishy Sat 17-Nov-12 18:50:10

dita that's very sweet of you grin

I'm no annoyed that he has a migraine and shouldn't of come across that way, it's more of a "typical of my luck"

He perked up a bit this evening and I had the joy of sainsburys on my own! At least I got out! He also said he knows I wanted to go shopping and will have her on his own for afternoon next Saturday AND will take her out for hour or so tomorrow if he's better so I can have house to myself to veg out.

And before anyone says he shouldn't be doing it as favour etc, he isn't!

IShallCallYouSquishy Sat 17-Nov-12 18:51:06

Oh and no family around so wasn't an option.

Migrain varies in it's intensity and duration. Those of you who have migrains you can work through are lucky not to get the ones where anything but horizontality is the only physical option.

My husband suffered them for 50 years. He is a tough old bugger and usually managed to carry on but occasionally he would have one of such magnitude that normal life was impossible. Throwing up, distorted vision, hallucinations...the full Monty.

Medication for hypertension stopped them.

Now we just have to deal with the arthritis, tinitus, deafness and general awkward old sod syndrome.

Thumbwitch Sun 18-Nov-12 01:05:00

So that's 3 people just on this thread whose migraines have improved/stopped with BP meds. Interesting! Perhaps it's worth asking your GPs, those of you who are still suffering, if you can try it, if you haven't already? No doubt it won't work for everyone (nothing does) but it might be something worth trying.

BarbecuedBillygoats Sun 18-Nov-12 11:08:38

Indeed thumb
Will be talking to my gp for sure

Strix Mon 19-Nov-12 12:56:05

If my DH wanted me to look after the kids when I had a migraine because he wanted to go shopping, I'd never ever think that was reasonable.

Migraines are so horrible... so so horrible. YABU.

Pinkforever Mon 19-Nov-12 13:06:12

I have suffered from horrendous migraines since I was a teenager. Never stopped me looking after my dcs because I had no choice....

Strix Mon 19-Nov-12 13:43:37

But if you had someone else available and they said they wanted to go shopping...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now