(211 Posts)

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ColdHandLou Fri 16-Nov-12 22:47:26

Night night opener!

<thinks it may be too late too post about achy back and horrible week at work>

FTRsMammy Fri 16-Nov-12 22:42:58

Even my ire about the Kitkat can't sustain me, off to bed. Night all

openerofjars Fri 16-Nov-12 22:21:31

Well, I have to go and eat Haribo in bed under the covers so DD doesn't hear the rustling and I also have a chance to read my book and not watch crap old telly on Dave. Night all!

WheatenFarlo Fri 16-Nov-12 22:18:20

Oh, DD is going to love seeing those tomorrow Trills!

sunnybobs Fri 16-Nov-12 22:17:09

Thank you opener smile I agree - far too much poo! I feel I am mired in the stuff! And just had to interrupt my Greys Anatomy/Haribo/wine time to deal with all the sobbing babes again! I do loves them but really tonight I needs a night off the vomit circuit

Blatherskite Fri 16-Nov-12 22:16:53

Well, I've finished my Lynchburg Lemonade - I should really use the spirit measure because it was a little on the strong side and it's quite an alcoholic cocktail in the first place - and am going to stagger off to bed. Family visiting on Sunday so I have tomorrow to clean the house!

Night all

MrsGeologist Fri 16-Nov-12 22:16:15

KITTENS!

Trills Fri 16-Nov-12 22:14:56

Have you all seen the kittens?

They are asleep right now but you can go back in time to see them doing stuff

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

openerofjars Fri 16-Nov-12 22:12:40

Right, shelves <scribbles>

Sunnybobs that is far too much poo & sick for one day. YANBU to rant.

Trills Fri 16-Nov-12 22:06:55

Did you get the email fro Naked Wines as well?

I would have 12 nice NZ sauvignon, but I've already drunk one.

sunnybobs Fri 16-Nov-12 22:05:55

Can I rant even though its no doubt far too late smile I started day with hacking poorly toddler who has not slept for days & 5 1/2 month old baby who has not properly slept ever! Then was doing physio with my poorly Labrador with both toddler & baby & I slipped over in dog shit - vile. (Not my dogs either I hasten to add!) then toddler spent day weeping clinging to leg & sobbing in tantrummey heaps, baby equally hungry then AT end of day I brought everyone home & slipped in dog shit left outside my front gate by lazy git who clearly doesn't care so spent evening dettoling, bleaching home etc! Then DH took wind out of my angry sails by running me bubble bath & pouring me wine but taking away my ranting potential smile now I'm just enjoying wine on sofa with lovely lab & baby screaming, toddler vomiting & I've got to go do it all again! Arghhh - silent screaming! Thanks for the rant space though!

NinthWave Fri 16-Nov-12 22:05:08

Opener I used to make DS1 play with his Lego at the table when DS2 was small (he's 2 now and pretty reliable at not eating it). We store it in a big plastic tub with a lid, and any sets/homemade masterpieces are kept on a shelf in their room until he wants to play with them/break them up again.

NinthWave Fri 16-Nov-12 22:03:13

Think so MrsG. MIL's bought it for him, she's rather fond of the 'toys that take up at least three quarters of your available floorspace' presents...she's got DS2 a Little Tikes train track/road thing that is also massive.

She's the best MIL ever though so I don't mind grin

openerofjars Fri 16-Nov-12 22:03:09

Can you keep all the stuff in the pirate ship? <hopeful>

MrsGeologist Fri 16-Nov-12 22:01:57

Ds1 told me his friend was coming over on Saturday to drink milk. Rock and roll.

openerofjars Fri 16-Nov-12 22:01:53

Ninth I have a 4yo and a soon to be crawling 5mo who puts bloody everything in her mouth so I am also considering how the fuck I am going to keep DS's Lego and Playmobil out of DD's ravening maw.

So far I have come up with gaffer tape, Velcro, ikea storage (boring) and oh, I dunno, magnets or something?

MrsGeologist Fri 16-Nov-12 22:00:35

Isn't the playmobil pirate ship meant to be HUGE?

Trills Fri 16-Nov-12 22:00:27

It's too late now but if you have one of these hanging around the house you don't need to get up at 6am - just stick in before you go to bed.

Blatherskite Fri 16-Nov-12 22:00:21

It's so sweet.

Give 'em 5 more years and they'll be coming round to play on each others video games (or whatever the equivalent is by then) but for now all you need to be the envy of your friends is a huge Lego set smile

WheatenFarlo Fri 16-Nov-12 21:59:16

Alas, Ninth you may resign yourself to a life of miniaturised plastic anarchy forever more.

I certainly can, FTR. Someone will have to be punished for that crime.

NinthWave Fri 16-Nov-12 21:57:33

Awwww Blathers, my DS1 has a Batman Joker's Fun House that his friend LOVES. He comes to our house and sits there playing with it while DS1 fannies about in the other room blush

NinthWave Fri 16-Nov-12 21:56:30

Keema I'm evil, I just kick any lurking Lego under the sofa where it gathers dust until the twice-yearly Sofa Shift And Hoover. It's like Christmas all over again when all the long-lost Ninjago/Star Wars/random camper van pieces are retrieved.

Blatherskite Fri 16-Nov-12 21:56:13

Was talking to another Mum in the playground this morning. Her DS and mine have been plotting an after school 'playdate' at mine because DS let slip that he has the Police Station and other child is desperate to come round and see.

So cute

FTRsMammy Fri 16-Nov-12 21:54:35

Exactly wheaton so you can understand my distress that my last one was not where I'd hidden left it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now