ThatBastardSanta's Friday evening rant™

(211 Posts)

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

IvorHughJanusAndABulgingSack Fri 16-Nov-12 19:17:35

Made me teary too! I am having actual tears all over your lovely thread. I hope it's true. I'm glad you found your secret fag stash. I too have one of these. DH is a very boring reformed smoker who is also on a diet so I keep them in the bread bin grin

freddiefrog Fri 16-Nov-12 19:17:48

I had a pretty good day, until I got to the local chip shop and they were bloody shut. How very dare they? I had to go all the way into town

Can we send chocolate through the printer? Now that I would like.

Do ya wanna borrow me Da's pellet gun LRD? wink He once managed to shoot 6 rats with it or 1 rat 6 times

ivor - hey, chin up, love. I'm sure it will work out.

Oh, tempting! But I hate to tell you, I quite enjoy chucking water on them and dashing outside to yell 'RRAAAH!'. And if I had the pellet gun I might hit the cat, who presents an united front with me in the hunting.

iklboo Fri 16-Nov-12 19:20:32

I have a bad bad. Put small hot water bottle on back at work. Hot water bottle leaked a bit. Scalded back. Got blister. Blister stuck to tights. Blister ripped off when I went to the loo. Tights stuck to weeping blister hole. Owwwwwwwwww!!!

I have wine. I have spreadable Brie for later. I will survive.

MrsGeologist Fri 16-Nov-12 19:22:52

I wish. I text some friends, inviting them round, as a cover for them bringing me wine or watching the childebeest while I went hunting for wine, but no reply. I'm going to text my neighbours and ask if they'll sit in my house later while the childebeest sleep, so wine can be acquired.

MrsTwankey Fri 16-Nov-12 19:25:56

I'm not having a good day either. No money - work for a small firm and I've not been paid last two weeks as we're having a major cash flow problem. I'm overdrawn at the bank and been scrimping and saving last few weeks.
Came home from work, traffic was murder was dying for the loo DD wanted a lift to work as soon as I walked through the door. Struggled through all the traffic again.
I've had an awful week at work and now it's Friday night and I would like to put my PJs on, have a glass of wine and snuggle up watching TV, but I can't. Got to pick her up at 8:30 and then she wants a lift to the cinema.
DH has gone to the pub - god knows where the money came from.
Feeling really frustrated.
But that's today - tomorrow's another day smile

SoggyMoggy Fri 16-Nov-12 19:27:08

I got my dad a Supersoaker to use on the squirrels. My mother has yet to forgive me, as apparently Dad really enjoys zapping the furry little bastards.

Mmm, wine. That's a thought.

hotmama Fri 16-Nov-12 19:27:14

DP is getting pizza's in for us to watch Children in Need with dd2 and ds1. Yay - we know how to live!

Am going to need wine tonight as dd1 (8) is having her first ever sleep over at a school friends house. I'm a bit of a wreck and feel like it is a scene out of the VW advert when the baby grows up and goes off to university! sad

Is it wine o'clock yet? smile

Aah, am picturing the lo hoovering with a coathanger with trousers on his head - aren't dc worth it .....sometimes! grin

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Fri 16-Nov-12 19:31:27

I have 'loadsa wine' cos my first virgin order (£40 off) arrived yesterday and ASDA has a very tasty prosecco on offer for £5 so got 6 this week too, hmm .....
what to open? first

ThatBastard, I got diamonds for my birthday as apparently only diamonds will do for his wife, nearly always get jewellery when he travels except now we live in the Netherlands he drives a lot or gets the train so isn't stuck in the airport looking in shops.

Now have a screaming baby who hates having his nappy changed and is very tired but doesn't want to go to sleep. Muriel's wedding is on the tv so am looking forward to watching one of my favorite Australian movies but will probably fall asleep on the couch.

Think I may have a Sheridans.

MrsTwankey Fri 16-Nov-12 19:35:09

ThatBastardSanta
Made me smile - wish I could. DD works in town at a store and yes she's quite capable of catching the bus but I don't want her hanging round the bus station when it's late and dark. She was attacked a couple of years ago and although I don't wrap her up in cotton wool I look out for her.
DH and boss can f*ck off the way I'm feeling! grin

TheAccidentalExhibitionist Fri 16-Nov-12 19:38:49

I've just had my coil taken out today <lowers the tone>
It hurt like a barstard.
Does that count as a Friday evening rant?

Portofino Fri 16-Nov-12 19:46:51

Ooh glad you found a hidden stash of fags, Bastard! I should skip the Xmas choc and send Marlboro Lights parcels....<<gets drummed off MN>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now