ThatBastardSanta's Friday evening rant™

(211 Posts)

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ladymariner Fri 16-Nov-12 18:59:46

Would it add to your rage if I told you that's just made me laugh out loud, the bit about helpfully giving you your dd too? sorry......grin

Here, have some anyway.....wine tell you what, I'll join you, I did 3 hours in year 3 today, christ knows I need it!!!!!!!

EchoBitch Fri 16-Nov-12 19:01:02

I'm having a good day and DP will be bringing my wine very soon.grin

EchoBitch Fri 16-Nov-12 19:02:53

Are we on the piss tonight then <<just for a change>>

Was going to join you with the ranting but DH has just walked into the room with his coat on with the intention of going to the shop for wine.

SOOOOOORRRY

grin

CheerMum Fri 16-Nov-12 19:07:35

Right, first of all, unless they are completely minging, go and retrieve your fave pj's. text Dh and ask him to get some fags on his way home (worth a try).
Bollocks to slow cooked pork, nothing wrong with plain old pork for lunch.

I feel your pain, both dd (11) and I have spent the entire week in bed with a really nasty cold and I've had to sit through FUCKING HOURS of nickelodeon shite.

I bought a shitload of individually wrapped alcohol truffles from work for Christmas dinner favours (poncetastic me? Noooo) and have now found out my eldest sister and her family are joining us so I'm going with the "well since I'm having to buy extra what's the harm of eating one or two" frame of mind.

Mono1 Fri 16-Nov-12 19:08:43

I'm in. Would explain my reasons (do I need any) but have EXTREMELY grumpy DC2 attached at the hip so can't type. cannae get them to bed fast enough tonight so I can open the wine.

IvorHughJanusAndABulgingSack Fri 16-Nov-12 19:10:22

Today was my last day with my little spoony faced wonder of loveliness before I go back to work like a proper grown up again next Monday sad Today he ha said 'deep dark wood' and worn a pair of trousers on his head in order to hoover the front room with a coat hanger. He is wonderful and does new things all the time and from now on I will miss them because he will do them when I'm not there sad

I am weepy and irrational. I want this job, very much, and we need the money. But I feel like shit.

And I have no wine angry

I feel your pain.

Though, I've got to admit I too smiled at your OP.

To join in: the bastard bastard squirrels are digging up all my bulbs. I keep charging out onto the balcony with a glass of water to chuck over the cheeky little sods (all you see is a fluffy grey tail twitching while the rest of it is engrossed in digging). Today I slipped on a slug and fell on my arse, which is blooming into a lovely sore spot, and my jeans are covered in earth.

The squirrels are laughing. I swear to you.

Not really a rant, I have now had a virus for 4 weeks 5 days not sure if it is the same one or several different ones that overlapped, my dd4 and ds1 also are sick and I have hardly slept all week. DS has been miserable most of the week and will hardly eat and wakes frequently.

My dh is in New York he has been away since last Sunday and will not be back until Monday as he decided to spend the weekend end there when he made his travel plans months ago. I have no problem with that I went away for the night 5 weeks ago and came home ill. Just terrible timing that he is way right now. Hopefully he brings back something nice.

So fed up with being ill, can't wait for the next three weeks to be over so I can go to Australia, bloody better be not be ill then.

Oh yes wine delivery is a very good idea. I remember getting 4 bottles free for something to do with DH work and completely forgot about it, until months later I opened the big bench thing we have in our porch and found that they'd been left hidden in there by the delivery bloke. Felt like christmas.

CheerMum Fri 16-Nov-12 19:13:50

Hooray for finding fags!

Enjoy wine

You're easily pleased, ABF! grin

BeerTricksPott3r Fri 16-Nov-12 19:14:48

bastard (I can call you bastard, can't I?) - oh, I wish I could kill the squirrels. I suspect they'd be tasty marinated in wine and spices. I'm just not quick enough.

MrsGeologist Fri 16-Nov-12 19:16:12

I'VE NO WINE. NOOOOOO!

grin LRD It was a very happy suprise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now