Just sobbed during CBeebies

(59 Posts)
wonderstuff Fri 16-Nov-12 16:43:02

I really need to get a grip don't I? The singing was so nice.

StabbyMacStabby Sat 17-Nov-12 21:34:57

I didn't watch CBeebies when I was pregnant, I stuck to safe things like Homes Under The Hammer. When I started watching it after DS was born I discovered I'd turned into a quivering wreck who sobbed at everything on it, including ITNG. Now I know about the children's funerals... <broken>

I also cried a lot bit seeing the lovely little boy with Down's Syndrome on the Marks & Spencer advert. Such a darling

oldsilver Sat 17-Nov-12 21:29:30

The "new" Spring Song does it for me - the that starts with them all running out from behind the tree. But that's only because DS is in it and I feel terribly proud and a little awed seeing my not so now little boy on the telly smile

They ran it again this year and when I caught it, it was just like the first time - blubbed all over the place smile

PrincessSymbian Sat 17-Nov-12 21:17:45

Yes, Eugenes, Eddie died. My mum told me when we were in the middle of a meal at a wedding, which was a bit 'thanks for that mum'.
He was around eighteen or so and caught meningitis. It's what Michael Rosens 'sad book' is about. Oh god, starting to well up again!

EugenesAxe Sat 17-Nov-12 20:51:33

Eddie died?? I'm going to have to Google now... that is so upsetting. I loved those poems about all his little quirks sad

Fobblywoof - you might be OK. I cry at a lot of books but generally get through Stick Man without a major breakdown.

gallifrey Sat 17-Nov-12 19:28:28

There are even a few books that get me choked up when I read them to dd, there is one about a tree that gets me every time!
I'm normally not the sort of person that cries easily either.

CatchTheFox Sat 17-Nov-12 16:59:52

i cried when spock died in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan and I haven't cried since. Get a grip all of you!

Yes FobblyWoof, you might be best to read it now, so you're prepared when you read it at Christmas! Tis lovely though, my favourite of the Gruffalo series.

PrincessSymbian Sat 17-Nov-12 15:47:29

I used to read Michael Rosens poems about Eddie as a little boy when I was a child, so I was gutted when I found out he had died and I got the book but I have to limit how often I read it because it can have me wailing for hours. Holding back tears at the moment. And the post about baby Sam...
Think I need to go and watch some eddie izzard Lego on YouTube!

FobblyWoof Sat 17-Nov-12 15:40:13

bought the stickman

FobblyWoof Sat 17-Nov-12 15:39:35

Oh no, I've the stick man for DD for Christmas. Half tempted to go upstairs and read it now to know what it's about. I'm going to be a wreck at Christmas aren't I?

SamuelWestsMistress Sat 17-Nov-12 11:24:57

The bedtime song does it to me. I refuse to acknowledge it ever.

Oh god, yes, Stick Man for me too. "It won't feel like Christmas without their stick Dad!" <sob>. And the stick mummy is tucking in the stick children, all sad.

FobblyWoof Sat 17-Nov-12 10:55:06

galifrey

If it helps, instead of hearing "goodbye sun" I hear "good bison" for some reason grin

I was terrible when pregnant. I sobbed, and I mean really, really sobbed, throughout most of the first breaking Dawn film blush I'm pretty sure half the cinema heard me

gallifrey Sat 17-Nov-12 10:48:04

In tears now after reading this, and now so is DH!

TerrorNotSoFrightened Sat 17-Nov-12 00:27:49

I sob uncontrollably at the goodnight song, ESP the bit, we've had so much fun today, tomorrow's just a dream away. Sobbing. Every time.

Also, can't finish the last line of 'you are my sunshine'

GothAnneGeddes Sat 17-Nov-12 00:16:25

There was an episode of Sesame Tree, showing how the big drum (lambeg) and the little drum (bodhran) learned to play together.

I can't even think about it without welling up.

WillowFae Fri 16-Nov-12 23:45:12

So glad my children have outgrown ITNG as I won't be able to listen to the theme anymore cries

maddening Fri 16-Nov-12 23:11:07

I've always been one to cry at films but since ds I am a lot more weepy more often at silly things - also stuff on cbeebies - I too am sleep deprived for Iverson 2 yrs (pg insomnia and then ds not sttn for 21mths) so maybe it's a.mixture of no sleep and being a mum.

wonderstuff Fri 16-Nov-12 21:53:00

Very fitting - not going to be able to listen to that again without welling up.

64 Zoo Lane? Bless you smile What do these children do to us?

BertieBotts Fri 16-Nov-12 21:49:09

I read on mumsnet ages ago about a family who used the CBeebies bedtime song at their DD's funeral, now I can't even think about it without welling up, let alone listen to it.

<crying now>

And I cry at the birthday song blush

Also, most of all of the toy story films. And random disney films too.

I'm not pregnant either I just think that they DO SOMETHING to you when you have a child confused

MorrisZapp Fri 16-Nov-12 21:48:21

Peepo is just gorgeous.

BambinoBoo Fri 16-Nov-12 21:48:18

Oh god, I didn't read the whole thread before posting. Welling up about the funeral reading and ITNG. Poor families.

BambinoBoo Fri 16-Nov-12 21:44:57

64 zoo lane theme tune does it for me blush

I know. The last part is beautifully fitting imo.
... Light the little light.
This is the way to the
Garden of the night... sad

The page in the book Peepo, where the mum, dad and baby are looking into the mirror with the "rainbow rim". Sob.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now