Just sobbed during CBeebies

(59 Posts)
wonderstuff Fri 16-Nov-12 16:43:02

I really need to get a grip don't I? The singing was so nice.

RonnyJotten Fri 16-Nov-12 20:05:37

sometims I had a tear at Barney's 'I love you, you love me , we ar a happy family

Fancydrawers Fri 16-Nov-12 21:19:31

Oh gosh, at a funeral? <sobs>

Waswondering Fri 16-Nov-12 21:22:31

I was watching "My Story" on iplayer yesterday (first time!) as a friend's dd was featured on it with her grandad. I welled up twice - to my surprise! Once when she looked adoringly at her grandad and said "your job was really interesting" and the second when he hugs her at the end.

(BTW I'm not pg. Definitely not. It was just lovely!)

3monkeys3 Fri 16-Nov-12 21:24:04

I used to burst into tears when the stars turn into flowers at the start of In The Night Garden when I was pregnant - every single time.

Bingdweller Fri 16-Nov-12 21:28:37

The Stick Man book does it for me every time. Especially when my DH works offshore and was away for Christmas last year. I was greetin' buckets!

My neighbours little boy died in his sleep and they played the ITNG theme tune during the service. Everytime I hear "Round and round, a little boat no bigger
Than your hand, out on the ocean, far away from land.

Take the little sail down,
Light the little light.
This is the way to the
Garden of the night" it reminds me of baby Sam.

FoxyRevenger Fri 16-Nov-12 21:37:45

There was an episode of Small Potatoes about families and the line went "this is my family, this is my heart"

I howled.

wonderstuff Fri 16-Nov-12 21:38:35

Stick man gets me going too. Anna Hibiscus is impossible to read without welling up. I'm sure I'm much more soppy since having children - though also definitely getting less sleep, so it might be that..

wonderstuff Fri 16-Nov-12 21:40:21

Look that is so.. no idea what the word is but tears rolling.

The page in the book Peepo, where the mum, dad and baby are looking into the mirror with the "rainbow rim". Sob.

I know. The last part is beautifully fitting imo.
... Light the little light.
This is the way to the
Garden of the night... sad

BambinoBoo Fri 16-Nov-12 21:44:57

64 zoo lane theme tune does it for me blush

BambinoBoo Fri 16-Nov-12 21:48:18

Oh god, I didn't read the whole thread before posting. Welling up about the funeral reading and ITNG. Poor families.

MorrisZapp Fri 16-Nov-12 21:48:21

Peepo is just gorgeous.

BertieBotts Fri 16-Nov-12 21:49:09

I read on mumsnet ages ago about a family who used the CBeebies bedtime song at their DD's funeral, now I can't even think about it without welling up, let alone listen to it.

<crying now>

And I cry at the birthday song blush

Also, most of all of the toy story films. And random disney films too.

I'm not pregnant either I just think that they DO SOMETHING to you when you have a child confused

wonderstuff Fri 16-Nov-12 21:53:00

Very fitting - not going to be able to listen to that again without welling up.

64 Zoo Lane? Bless you smile What do these children do to us?

maddening Fri 16-Nov-12 23:11:07

I've always been one to cry at films but since ds I am a lot more weepy more often at silly things - also stuff on cbeebies - I too am sleep deprived for Iverson 2 yrs (pg insomnia and then ds not sttn for 21mths) so maybe it's a.mixture of no sleep and being a mum.

WillowFae Fri 16-Nov-12 23:45:12

So glad my children have outgrown ITNG as I won't be able to listen to the theme anymore cries

GothAnneGeddes Sat 17-Nov-12 00:16:25

There was an episode of Sesame Tree, showing how the big drum (lambeg) and the little drum (bodhran) learned to play together.

I can't even think about it without welling up.

TerrorNotSoFrightened Sat 17-Nov-12 00:27:49

I sob uncontrollably at the goodnight song, ESP the bit, we've had so much fun today, tomorrow's just a dream away. Sobbing. Every time.

Also, can't finish the last line of 'you are my sunshine'

gallifrey Sat 17-Nov-12 10:48:04

In tears now after reading this, and now so is DH!

FobblyWoof Sat 17-Nov-12 10:55:06

galifrey

If it helps, instead of hearing "goodbye sun" I hear "good bison" for some reason grin

I was terrible when pregnant. I sobbed, and I mean really, really sobbed, throughout most of the first breaking Dawn film blush I'm pretty sure half the cinema heard me

Oh god, yes, Stick Man for me too. "It won't feel like Christmas without their stick Dad!" <sob>. And the stick mummy is tucking in the stick children, all sad.

SamuelWestsMistress Sat 17-Nov-12 11:24:57

The bedtime song does it to me. I refuse to acknowledge it ever.

FobblyWoof Sat 17-Nov-12 15:39:35

Oh no, I've the stick man for DD for Christmas. Half tempted to go upstairs and read it now to know what it's about. I'm going to be a wreck at Christmas aren't I?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now