Grrrr the young Apprectices cannot pronounce Candalabrum properly and it's making my teeth itch

(21 Posts)
pigletmania Thu 15-Nov-12 22:17:44

Its Candal ahh brum you fools

pigletmania Thu 15-Nov-12 22:18:56

If I hear the mispronunciation again I am going to spontaneounly combust

WhenShallWeThreeKingsMeetAgain Thu 15-Nov-12 22:20:52

And, when talking about the Coliseum, they did not know what/who a tenor was.

pointythings Thu 15-Nov-12 22:22:27

I think this is very sad - at age 16/17 I most certainly would have known what this was and where to get one. That might have been because I read a lot of Georgette Heyer, though and because I was a complete and utter swot.

I asked my 9yo after the trailer aired what a candelabrum was. She knew, so did my 11yo. Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

pointythings Thu 15-Nov-12 22:23:21

ThreeKings - obviously it's a £10 note!!!! grin

pigletmania Thu 15-Nov-12 22:24:28

I know, I am sure I knew what it was when I was that age, used to play cluedo when I was younger

Jinsei Thu 15-Nov-12 22:25:16

They were stunningly ignorant weren't they. And some very hmm comments on the difference between managing men and women.

MrsBucketxx Thu 15-Nov-12 22:25:55

cant stand the programme, if these are the future of business god help us all.

pigletmania Thu 15-Nov-12 22:27:09

My flabber is gasted, their common sense and general knowledge need some work

pointythings Thu 15-Nov-12 22:32:54

And what is worse, the adult ones aren't any better. Remember the ones who thought Christopher Columbus was British???

JamieandtheMagicTorch Thu 15-Nov-12 22:34:38

thank goodness the angry young lady went. I hope she takes a long hard look at her communication style.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 15-Nov-12 22:48:55

I have to confess I learned something new tonight. I had to Google candleabrum. I know what a candelabra is but I had no idea that was actually the plural.

pigletmania Fri 16-Nov-12 08:38:57

When Alan Sugar explained they looked even more nonplussed. Oh dear it'sall going grin

DownTheRabidHole Fri 16-Nov-12 08:55:45

I was more peturbed by the possibility that Suzuki "sounds German".

How can you not know a make (or 2, or 3 or more) of German car?

pigletmania Fri 16-Nov-12 09:41:11

I know Down its really sad. The ther team knew what a candelabra was though, just that particular team was really dense

I know what a candelabra is having grown up watching The Generation Game every Saturday night.

By the time Ds was about 5 he knew what countries all the various makes of cars come from.

WMittens Fri 16-Nov-12 09:46:25

It's pretty sad that people in this thread are bemoaning teenagers' lack of knowledge, yet talking about "a candelabra".

CajaDeLaMemoria Fri 16-Nov-12 09:54:26

Isn't candelabra the plural?

The fact that out of ten of them none knew what a votive or a candelabra was disappointed me. I know one team found out over the phone, and did manage to get one, but it was fluke.

I think they must deliberately pick people who are abrasive and bad at business. Some of David's views on management were shocking, Amy would never get anywhere in a business environment with an attitude like that and the other team continuously complained about their project leader for no reason.

I'm shocked no-one got everything. And Suzuki as a German car and Volvo as a Swiss did make me laugh.

CajaDeLaMemoria Fri 16-Nov-12 09:54:55

I've just done it as well. I meant or a candelabrum blush

ReadySteadyDrink Fri 16-Nov-12 09:57:42

Grrrr the OP cannot spell candelabrum properly and it's making my teeth itch...

I won't mention the "apprentices" typo...

pigletmania Fri 16-Nov-12 10:16:48

It's the way they tried to pronounce it, I felt like shouting to my tv stop saying it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now