To want to punch every single noisy opened mouth eater I come across?

(121 Posts)
twinkletoescare Thu 15-Nov-12 16:36:05

Ok maybe not punch BUT DEFO tell them how rude,bad mannered and annoying to anyone within a six mile radius it is?
Kids or elderly I don't care....it's RUDE.

pjmama Thu 15-Nov-12 16:38:22

Disgusting, foul behaviour and worthy of a swift smack in the chops IMO.

Lottapianos Thu 15-Nov-12 16:40:03

Give 'em a punch and then another one from me. Drives me insane. How can they not hear themselves??? angry

Katisha Thu 15-Nov-12 16:40:24

Yanbu and please extend sentiment to gum chewers.

Cortana Thu 15-Nov-12 16:41:29

DO IT!

Yanbu!

twinkletoescare Thu 15-Nov-12 16:41:41

Not just me then?!
Omg I literally seeth with rage inside whenever I hear/see them!!
It drives me totally insane! angry

Anniegetyourgun Thu 15-Nov-12 16:42:06

There was a young, well-dressed, nicely made-up woman sitting opposite me in the train once, chewing gum with her mouth open. It was all squelchy. Probably these days, now I'm older and a whole lot horrider, I would actually dare to ask her to close her mouth.

5Foot5 Thu 15-Nov-12 16:42:19

With you on this one.

I suppose with very little children it is to be expected, they have yet to learn. But I am always appalled when you find an adult who does it. I have twice worked with people who were quite uninhibited open mouthed eaters - once I sat opposite one. I just can't understand how they could get to adulthood and not realise that hardly anyone else eats like that. One was a young bloke with a girlfriend - did he never take her out for a meal? How could she stand it?

VirginiaDare Thu 15-Nov-12 16:42:37

should be shot on sight. Vile creatures. And gum poppers should be tortured first.

Teeb Thu 15-Nov-12 16:43:38

Oh my god, you are totally not being unreasonable.

There are certain friends/family members I refuse to sit at the table with. How anyone has let them become an adult who can't even eat properly is beyond me.

DH eats noisily with his mouth closed. I have no idea how he manages it.

StuntGirl Thu 15-Nov-12 17:00:27

My friend is a chomper and lip smacker. I hate it. He does the same thing with chewing gum. Which he chews All The Time. <rage>

DublinMammy Thu 15-Nov-12 17:05:10

Wait until they have finished eating before administering open-handed smack across the chops or risk being splattered....

BatmanLovesHowlingAtTheMoon Thu 15-Nov-12 17:07:40

I can't bear the sound of people eating. I can get through the sound of crunching by distracting myself mentally if they've got their mouths closed (and my DH puts up with me having music on while we're eating) but if they're eating with their mouth open I just want to cry. It's almost a phobia, but makes me feel ill, rather than fear, iyswim.

My friend at uni had several serious girlfriends (not all at once!) but ate everything with his mouth wide open, at top volume. Always made me wonder how good he was in bed grin

Bubblemoon Thu 15-Nov-12 17:09:36

How do people get to adulthood and still eat noisily? Beyond me.

MrsBungleBear Thu 15-Nov-12 17:10:05

Absolutely vile. YANBU.

MrsDeVere Thu 15-Nov-12 17:12:05

not bad op
we have got to about 10 posts and no-one has come on to post 'yabu to suggest violence, are you like this at home? Do you have children? I feel sad for them tbh <sadface>'

grin

SquishyCinnamonSwirls Thu 15-Nov-12 17:12:54

YANBU
Unless said person has an awful cold and can't breathe and eat at the same time (like me atm!).

TakingTheStairs Thu 15-Nov-12 17:15:24

It drives me mad too, and what is incredibly frustrating is that both my, and my DH's parents have started doing it. Both sets of parents were very strict about making sure their children didn't do while growing up, but now they do it themselves. It's gross.

LimburgseVlaai Thu 15-Nov-12 17:15:56

And add shmacky squelchy slurpy kissers too! Urgh.

louiswalshizzcloset Thu 15-Nov-12 17:16:19

YANBU. It's fucking annoying and disgusting.
YABU if you want to punch my 4yo. He's never quiet and hums when he eats

Another with a DH who eats noisily with mouth fully closed.

MyDaydream Thu 15-Nov-12 17:16:28

How do people get to adulthood and still eat noisily?

They come from families who pass the filthy habit down. It's like feeding time at the zoo when the ILs come over for dinner, I just want to scream "I make enough food for everybody, nobody is leaving the table or getting dessert until I'm finished so slow down and shut your fucking mouths". But they wouldn't hear me over the chewing noises.

twinkletoescare Thu 15-Nov-12 17:16:50

Lol mrsdevere
I was quite expecting that response!
And to anyone who is thinking that....yes I have children...(grown adult children) who were tied up and beaten if they dared to eat with their mouth open... wink

Cahoots Thu 15-Nov-12 17:18:54

YANBU. In fact I don't lie any open mouthed eating not just noisy eating.

Hate it and will discretely leave the room if someone is CHOMPING. Yuk, yuk, yuk!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now