to love having a good prick? DH thinks I am.

(17 Posts)
mrscog Wed 14-Nov-12 18:38:42

YANBU - I love doing this, and it's so much better if you oven cook them! You can sometimes get an actual fountain! Even better than spot picking iMO

SquishyCinnamonSwirls Wed 14-Nov-12 18:36:28

MissPants grin Hahahahahaha

Yes, I prick too.

andallthatjargon Wed 14-Nov-12 18:31:15

My mum pricked the sausages, I prick the sausages.....

MissPants Wed 14-Nov-12 18:09:24

Reading back that last paragraph I realise that sounds terribly rude blush

MissPants Wed 14-Nov-12 18:08:31

Oooh I've always pricked! Just because I thought I should, not because of any bubble wrap like satisfaction.

I always have an image of an unpricked sausage exploding in my face! Is that not right then?

Oh lolli they look ridiculous too - fnar.

But if you don't prick them, don't they burst?

lollilou Wed 14-Nov-12 17:22:43

So I'm confused do we prick or not? I remember that chef with the dusty hair saying "the secret was not to prick them" But my Mum always did. So to prick or not?
(Do you know if you say prick enough times it sounds ridiculous) smile

OutragedAtThePriceOfFreddos Wed 14-Nov-12 17:20:10

YANBU. I like it too.

I also like putting them on kitchen roll and examining how much fat is left on there when I take them off. It's the only reason I ever have those cheap and nasty Richmond sausages that their Dad (my ex) loves and lets them have at his house.

TakeMyEyesButNotTheGoat Wed 14-Nov-12 17:15:41

I thought the title was a typo grin

tripletipple Wed 14-Nov-12 17:11:02

I remember reading that you really shouldn't prick them, whether you enjoy it or not.

Can't remember why grin

No, just makes them slightly less fatty. DH didn't even realise I did it until he saw me cooking them one day.

McChristmasPants2012 Wed 14-Nov-12 17:04:42

doesn't it make the sausages go dry.

grin at 'Prick with a fork'!

Marrow Wed 14-Nov-12 16:59:18

Oh and YABU smile

Marrow Wed 14-Nov-12 16:58:52

I love a joke I once heard about Anthony Worrall Thompson's branded sausages which had his picture on the packet and the confusion over whether the words on the back "Prick with a fork" were an instruction to follow or simply a description of the picture on the front grin

When you're grilling sausages, I mean. wink I love popping the little pockets of fat and watching it all drain out into the grillpan but DH is horrified by this.

AIBU? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now