To be shocked by Helen smoking on I'm a Celebrity?

(66 Posts)
Rushyswife Tue 13-Nov-12 22:01:09

Just that really, was surprised to see smoking on such a popular show. Not that I particularly object to smoking but it seemed a bit unnecessary, especially as its popular with so many kids. Aibu? Should I chill the hell out?!!!

AnyaKnowIt Tue 13-Nov-12 22:28:54

''You have to consider nut allergies.''

<groans> grin

worra - that's the kind of bad joke that gets you featuring in threads on Site Stuff.

Just sayin'......................

grin

dontcallmehon Tue 13-Nov-12 22:36:55

Yes, I think I'd be more bothered about my kids thinking it was normal to eat animal genitals, or whatever else they eat on that show.

carabos Tue 13-Nov-12 22:37:51

Funny that someone who made such a fuss about putting a dead spider in her mouth thinks nothing of sucking poison into her lungs. Each to their own...

bedmonster Tue 13-Nov-12 22:42:36

grin OP I was shocked too, but mainly because I remember watching the episode where Raaawsie was born and havent watched Corrie since about then. In my head that was only about 2 years ago, so I got a shock when I saw her in the jungle full stop let alone SMOKING!!! grin

bedmonster Tue 13-Nov-12 22:43:06

Although thinking about it now, i'm not sure if it was when Raaawsie OR Soooophie was born...

WorraLiberty Tue 13-Nov-12 22:43:20

Fair point, well made there Badgers grin

Cozy9 Tue 13-Nov-12 23:01:40

You don't really get young attractive people on TV smoking anymore so I can see why it might be a surprise.

almapudden Tue 13-Nov-12 23:03:08

One of them was born in a taxi. That Don fella delivered her. I think that might have been Rosie.

MrsCantSayAnything Tue 13-Nov-12 23:06:55

People swill champagne, wine, beer.... on all kinds of shows. Alcohol is shit just as smoking is. That show is shit too. And kids shouldn't be watching it...it will as someone else said, rot their brains.

EnjoyResponsibly Tue 13-Nov-12 23:10:20

Surely, given her utter stupidity, no kid is actually going to look at poor Helen as an actual role model?

thebody Tue 13-Nov-12 23:12:23

Not so funny as when she came back all smiling to tell them she lost the challenge but she was soooo proud of herself.

And why does the daft bat wear war type makeup and that stupid red flappy bikini top... The other one off eastenders and the American one with the boxers nose( no idea who she is) look far more natural.

Any and Dec fab as ever though...

Mousefunk Wed 14-Nov-12 00:30:11

Don't watch it but wanted to say cozy9 is correct. Soaps stopped showing young people smoking a while back so that youngsters didn't think it was cool and copy.. So now only old uglies smoke a la Dot, Max and Cora (can't actually think of another smoker..) so yanbu for finding it surprising, its not as common anymore to see youngsters smoking on TV.

JudeFawley Wed 14-Nov-12 01:03:11

I was surprised too, it looked wrong, but I don't know why.

Cozy9 Wed 14-Nov-12 04:07:33

I think Steve McDonald sometimes smokes on Corrie.

apostropheuse Wed 14-Nov-12 05:53:26

worra grin

Lougle Wed 14-Nov-12 07:05:41

Actually, I wonder where it stands legally? If cameras are rolling and it's all screened, then the jungle has surely been made a set, which means it's illegal?

Lougle Wed 14-Nov-12 07:08:07

Oh, not illegal because it isn't enclosed.

janey68 Wed 14-Nov-12 07:09:35

Agree with the above. It just seems odd because we don't associate smoking with young attractive people- it hasn't been seen as cool for years and years now. Being totally honest if I'm wandering around town, the smokes will tend to be old men and women, or if they're younger they often seem to be overweight generally unhealthy Unattractive types. I expect someone will try to flame me for saying that but it's true. My SIL who is a secondary teacher says the smokers in her school tend to be the less able disaffected ones who aren't successful. So I agree that nowadays it strikes us as unusual to see someone young, apparently successful and attractive, smoking.

Having said all that, I also agree that the show is shite; why are you watching OP?!

LucieMay Wed 14-Nov-12 07:16:24

Janey, so if you're overweight you're automatically unattractive and unsuccessful... and if you're unattractive you're automatically unsuccessful? Strange correlation there between looks and success life.

Pinkpeacock Wed 14-Nov-12 08:37:49

What did the Police say?

Mrsjay Wed 14-Nov-12 08:45:18

Brian Hugo and eric all have been smoking on IMACELEB what are you shocked about, ? I did think she was showing off like a 15 yr old smoking at the live bit , they usually put the fags away for that, children are not going to be damaged by seeing people smoke on tv , Max on enders always smoked so does dot and cora , meh it is just a fag

Mrsjay Wed 14-Nov-12 08:46:32

oH do shush janey, lots of young people smoke a lot of thin attractive people smoke usually to keep the weight down (allegedly) would surprise you who smokes really

Fakebook Wed 14-Nov-12 08:46:56

YABU for watching that crap. I'd rather stick pins in my eyes.

Max only smokes when he's stressed about something.

Mrsjay Wed 14-Nov-12 08:48:17

they are outside how can it be illegal they are also In australia where laws maybe different, oh and they are outside , maybe alll the offended shouldn't watch Im a celeb hardly a high brow programme they scoff Animal arse fgs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now