Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

AIBU to think MN not what I thought it would be

(274 Posts)
sidandlinus Mon 12-Nov-12 22:16:45

After years of hearing about how influential and "middle class" MN is. I am I being unreasonable to think that I have found it (over past few months - so can't judge beyond this) a bit "meh2! A lot of the postings appear to be attention-seeking, middle-of-the-road and basically dull. Am I missing something?

EmpressOfTheSevenOceans Tue 13-Nov-12 00:37:49

Hello Sid

The thing is, whatever your intentions, you're calling us middle of the road, attention seeking and dull. I know you're not naming names or claiming that everyone's like that, but you appear to be talking about most of us. Could you honestly have expected a good reaction to that comment? Anywhere?

All of human life is on MN. It's simply not possible to say 'most' of us are anything really, but if you want to get a sense of us at our best, go look at the Classics topic.

<narrows eyes>*SPsFanjo*.... Where exactly are you leasing us space for the Puddle?

SantasStrapOn Tue 13-Nov-12 00:46:46

I have Boden, 2 perfect DDs, a very small dog, and am naice.

I'm also a gibbering loon.

<sends in application for Worra's Krew>

WorraLiberty Tue 13-Nov-12 00:50:36

I have an opening for a dildo

Why does that sound wrong? blush

SantasStrapOn Tue 13-Nov-12 00:52:23

shock

I could be a dodo. That's the closest you get.

I'm noice not naice. Automatically excluded I guess sad

WorraLiberty Tue 13-Nov-12 00:53:51

A dead dodo dildo?

But what would Santa say? shock

Thumbwitch Tue 13-Nov-12 00:58:13

Arf at "opening for a dildo" - you know exACTly why that sounds wrong, young lady! grin

SantasStrapOn Tue 13-Nov-12 00:59:19

She's an ex- dildo dodo? confused

SantasStrapOn Tue 13-Nov-12 01:00:05

<curses bright idea of name>

WorraLiberty Tue 13-Nov-12 01:05:32

Oh I've just been called young grin

<< Preens shamelessly >>

Less of the lady though...jeez!!

WorraLiberty Tue 13-Nov-12 01:06:57

Dido would've made a good dead dodo dildo

But sadly Eminem had other ideas

Thumbwitch Tue 13-Nov-12 01:07:50

You probably are young in comparison with me old gimmer that I am wink

WorraLiberty Tue 13-Nov-12 01:10:43

I'm nearly 10

How old are you? grin

Thumbwitch Tue 13-Nov-12 01:14:37

15 at least! wink

StrawberriesTasteLikeLipsDo Tue 13-Nov-12 08:22:47

ReturnType

JesusInTheCabbageVan Tue 13-Nov-12 09:17:52

Before joining, I thought: lots of broody, fluffy, blinky chickens cosily swapping cake recipes.

Did not expect the startling, sometimes brilliant, sometimes surreal wit, wisdom and aggression that actually makes MN.

Granted it's not all like that, but enough to keep me coming back even though I should be doing the bins right now.

Mylittlepuds Tue 13-Nov-12 09:49:25

Every day I'm amazed at how wonderfully articulate, funny and - for the most part - empathetic MNetters are. The whole landscape is entirely different to any other forum type thing laden with weird tickers and shite. YABU. Of course it's not wholly middle class but it's certainly not 'meh'.

differentnameforthis Tue 13-Nov-12 21:51:34

Is meh2 an advance on meh?

Mylittlepuds Tue 13-Nov-12 22:03:48

Ha to Meh2

PickledFanjoCat Tue 13-Nov-12 22:04:25

Ha2 to your meh2

GrimAndHumourless Tue 13-Nov-12 22:09:13

oo er OP's a feisty one

<attention-seeks like billy-o>

EmpressOfTheSevenOceans Tue 13-Nov-12 22:14:25

Woof to you lady!

Jesus, you should report your post. Then HQ can take 'the startling, sometimes brilliant, sometimes surreal wit, wisdom and aggression that actually makes MN' as their new slogan. It's perfect.

GrimAndHumourless Tue 13-Nov-12 22:22:49

God I remember the Woof To You Too Lady poster, in fact I had it as my NN for a bit grin

cheekydevil Tue 13-Nov-12 22:31:31

Yanbu to think you are missing something....you are^

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now