To think this is so odd??!

(334 Posts)
curiousgeorgie Sun 11-Nov-12 17:45:47

My PIL have mentioned several times over te past 8 weeks since their 2nd grandchild was born that they would love to have a canvas of the two children (my DD and new DN) to put on the wall.

With christmas coming thought this would be a great gift so sent a message to BIL and his fiancée to ask if we could get the kids together to do this for them. DH has a brilliant camera and is quite into photography so wouldn't cost them anything and wouldn't take long.

BIL sent a message straight back saying great idea, they'll love that, lets set it up.

3 hours later and she sends me a message saying 'Im going to have to say no to the picture'.

Weird???! Please tell me this is completely off because I'm not really sure what on earth I'm supposed to respond to that!

JenaiMarrHePlaysGuitar Tue 13-Nov-12 13:40:08

a brook with some autumn leaves and a little red wagon

Hahaha Yank I have a few of these from when ds was a baby. They're tacky and strangely don't even look like him much, but I still love them. None have been turned into canvasses however yet.

Narked Tue 13-Nov-12 13:50:11

Thought so. So many people get professional pictures taken of their PFBs - or even pay for the thing where you get a package deal of one a month! Very few do it with their second or third DC grin

Narked Tue 13-Nov-12 13:51:13

And I'd bet her parents will be getting the same 'gift.'

AlienRefluxovermypoppy Tue 13-Nov-12 14:29:21

Ha ha squoosh !!In that christening one, has that woman grabbed her kid by the hair??!!

squoosh Tue 13-Nov-12 15:01:13

Yes! And she's just slapped the little boy's face!!!

CheerfulYank Tue 13-Nov-12 17:33:50

And it's their grandmother! I know pulling hair and slapping children is not funny, but it did make me ROFL a bit. blush

tittytittyhanghang Tue 13-Nov-12 21:51:10

Knew it was either petty or selfish. And just because this is a pfb doesn't make it any less so.

stifnstav Tue 13-Nov-12 22:07:10

'ANG ABAAAAHT!

So she is having the photo done on 27 DEC? So they won't be unwrapping anything on Christmas Day?

Weird. <walks off whistling to oneself>

tittytittyhanghang Tue 13-Nov-12 22:31:50

Jeeesus, sqoosh, did you get to page three, makes grandma's slapping and hairpulling heartwarming!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now