To redye my hair .......

(17 Posts)
StuntGirl Fri 09-Nov-12 21:16:44

The grey will always look a different colour to the brown. Another box might cover the bits you missed, if you're sure you missed them, but it won't make it any redder. You need a bottle of bleach for that.

cookielove Fri 09-Nov-12 21:13:35

I knew i should have got another box, thanks every one for your help grin

sausagesandwich34 Fri 09-Nov-12 21:06:35

my hair is bra strap length and very thick -I need 3 boxes of dye

I would deep condition it and then re dye on sunday

should be fine

cookielove Fri 09-Nov-12 21:03:43

My hair is half way down my back, and i have quite a long body, and extremely thick, hair dressers are amazed at how thick it is <preens> smile

There is definitely bits i just missed cause they are brown as they were before, and there are bits where my hair is streaked very well with red but not all over but those bits were definitely brown before not grey, does that make sense?

FrenchRuby Fri 09-Nov-12 19:38:52

I would leave it for a while, xxl box dyes still have peroxide in them. Two dyes in two days might just be enough to fry your hair ends.

ErikNorseman Fri 09-Nov-12 19:36:54

I'm confused
Is it that you didn't cover all the hair, or that the grey has gone red and the brown hasn't? Because hair that has been dyed brown wont go bright red no matter what you put on it. 2 boxes should be enough unless your hair goes past your bum! If you think you just missed bits then more dye is the answer but if it's just a case of colour not taking well on the brown the another box won't help.

WorraLiberty Fri 09-Nov-12 18:22:24

Oh I see...sorry I misunderstood.

What Joyful said

But you do run the risk of it getting very dry. No matter how long your hair is, two boxes of colour should have been more than enough.

Perhaps you need someone to apply it more evenly for you next time?

cookielove Fri 09-Nov-12 18:20:05

I get ya, thanks TheJoyful

and your welcome Suffering although not quite sure what you wrote at the end
as I don't mine hi lighted bits

I'm not sure about the grey bits but the bits that were originally brown won't go any redder. The bits that you missed and are still brown will go the same shade as the other originally brown bits, iyswim.

Disclaimer: I am not a hairdresser!

SufferingLampreys Fri 09-Nov-12 18:14:26

Oh thanks cookie. That's good news for me as I don't mine hi lighted bits grin

cookielove Fri 09-Nov-12 18:14:26

Worra - i think there wasn't enough dye cause some of my hair not the grey bits is rather red where as some of it is still brown, so i was thinking putting more on may help, but you think no? why?

InSPsFanjoNoOneHearsYouScream Fri 09-Nov-12 18:13:44

Adding to it won't change anything but putting a bright red over it will brighten it up. I found that out a couple of week ago

cookielove Fri 09-Nov-12 18:13:01

Suffering - i mean that my patch of bastard grey hairs at the front of my head are now bright red as are the odd strands over my head.

I will have to go out and buy some more tomorrow, maybe i should cut my hair would be less expensive.

Thejoyful - the bits that are already quite red will they go even redder or be fine do you think?

WorraLiberty Fri 09-Nov-12 18:11:09

Putting more on won't make it any redder

SufferingLampreys Fri 09-Nov-12 18:09:24

Sorry I'm no help but it really took to the greys?
Did I read that right?

Just do it, it'll be fine. smile

I love the Live dyes, I have Hypnotic Red on my hair atm and it looks ace.

cookielove Fri 09-Nov-12 18:07:06

I dyed my brown hair, (medium dark with grey) with the xxl live colour, hair dye last night, a vibrant red colour, it has really worked on the grey bits and the bits were i dragged the dye through it, and over all my hair is redder, however my hair is thick and long, and i thought 2 boxes would be enough, i want to put another 2 boxes on to try and get it really red, does any one know if i can put the next boxes on tonight or tomorrow? All my work colleagues are saying to do it, but its not their hair!! Just don't want my hair to fall out, so aibu to just do it?

Thanks

PS, i put this in style and beauty but got no replies. I realise i probably am not being unreasonable, but maybe i am now i am just confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now