To think an MP should not be in the jungle

(125 Posts)
kim147 Tue 06-Nov-12 08:27:08

www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nadine-dorries-to-swap-commons-for-im-a-celebrity-get-me-out-of-here-8288668.html

Missing a few votes - oh, and also not being there for her consituents.

I thought when you voted for an MP, there were certain expectations placed on them. Like working, not appearing on a gameshow in Australia.

FreudianLisp Tue 06-Nov-12 08:30:33

Yikes. Agreed. And it trivialises the role of MP. She shouldn't go.

LineRunner Tue 06-Nov-12 08:32:22

She has often come across as lacking in good judgement.

Callisto Tue 06-Nov-12 08:32:25

FGS, what an idiot. Hardly makes her vote-worthy or a good example of an MP.

Notquite Tue 06-Nov-12 08:34:05

Well she's making it clear that she doesn't see a future for herself in politics.

Catkinsthecatinthehat Tue 06-Nov-12 08:39:31

As soon as I saw this post I knew it would be Nadine Dorries.

MainlyMaynie Tue 06-Nov-12 08:41:15

Ha, I opened this thinking it could only be George Galloway... I'd forgotten the lovely Nadine.

Flisspaps Tue 06-Nov-12 08:41:51

With a bit of luck they'll leave her there. And for as long as she's there, she's not messing about in politics.

Besides, she's bound to come out with some corkers while she's there that leave the nation shock

I reckon she thinks she'll be crowned Queen and become the nation's sweetheart, when in fact it's a case of give her enough rope...

thebody Tue 06-Nov-12 08:41:58

She's as self promoting as that twat Lembit opik.

She will go the same way.

Also it's live isn't it so how come she's taking time off her job. They have long enough holidays.

Silly moo.

kim147 Tue 06-Nov-12 08:42:17

True - George Galloway was in Big Brother. Wonder what his constituents thought.

Sugarice Tue 06-Nov-12 08:42:26

Why on earth would she do that, what about her Constituents who voted for her? angry

What a numpty she is, hope she gets voted out at the ballot box next time.

To be fair anyone who voted for Dorries deserves everything they get! wink

But yes, she's a twat. She should be doing her job rather than getting paid to appear on a shitty reality TV show.

OwlLady Tue 06-Nov-12 09:36:42

she is a safe conservative seat <sigh> otherwise I can't see how she would get in at all and yes she is my MP and no i am not Tory

TheFoosa Tue 06-Nov-12 09:45:53

hopefully the career death knell will toll once we've all seen her munching on kangaroo testicles

that's not very pro-life, is it?

FreudiansSlipper Tue 06-Nov-12 09:47:24

i would prefer MP's not to go on any celeb shows but can make the exception here as all she is going to do is make a fool of herself i am quite looking forward to it

TheFoosa Tue 06-Nov-12 09:49:12

IACGMOOH audience well known for their vindictiveness, so hopefully she will get every trial going

Sugarice Tue 06-Nov-12 09:50:25

I imagine her reasoning for taking part apart from the fee will be that she wants people to see the 'real her' and that Politicians like her are in touch with the real world hmm.

Must read what Suzanne Moore says about this. grin

FlobbadobbaBOO Tue 06-Nov-12 10:08:21

Best for her if you ask me, I'd stick the lot of them there and leave them! Ooh, imagine that as the new way to elect the government. The one who eats the most kangaroo testicles becomes PM!

WithoutCaution Tue 06-Nov-12 12:22:18

Ohhh, I'm a Celeb is back on?! Anyone know when? Hoping that she is voted to do all the trials too grin

Jingleflobba Tue 06-Nov-12 12:27:29

I think The Rock is going to be on... shameless ogling opportunity

Anniegetyourgun Tue 06-Nov-12 12:32:25

I think a jungle is the perfect place for her, among all those other poisonous insects. Hopefully they'll forget to let her out.

ShamyFarrahCooper Tue 06-Nov-12 12:36:56

The longer she is in the jungle, the longer she is away which means she can't come up with stupid bills. I don't watch it anyway tbh

TheVermiciousKnid Tue 06-Nov-12 12:38:11

I'd prefer this particular MP to be in the jungle rather than in Westminster. Maybe they'll keep her if we pay them? <starts collection>

laughtergoodmedicine Tue 06-Nov-12 12:38:36

She is a scouse Tory....As Edwina Currie said of herself on TV recently. I dont know what Edwina meant by it

WhizzPopBangWheeee Tue 06-Nov-12 12:39:23

WithoutCaution it starts this weekend grin on 11th November.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now