To be loving the Liz Jone and India Knight Feud?

(753 Posts)
Vagabond Tue 30-Oct-12 20:45:47

www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2220669/Spouting-filth-s-VERY-strange-way-stick-free-speech.html

In which, middle class India Knight called la Liz everything under the sun on her nasty twitter diatribe of nonsense.

Schadenfreude, I know.

WelshMaenad Tue 30-Oct-12 21:02:10

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

WelshMaenad Tue 30-Oct-12 21:02:30

Bear PIT, obvs.

LadyEvilBeagle Tue 30-Oct-12 21:02:40

WTF?
Two hugely successful columnists resorting to teenage bitching.
Classy.
If I was their respective editors I'd get rid of both, but that's how to sell papers these days.
And this is the naice middle class side of the market.

LadyEvilBeagle Tue 30-Oct-12 21:05:35

But vapid old crones Welsh confused. I agree with the vapid but I'm a similar age to them, and am most definitely not an old crone.

Get rid? That'd clear the way for The Brick.
Nooooooo

MrsCampbellBlack Tue 30-Oct-12 21:08:09

Oh dear India. Attacking Liz Jones just feels so wrong as she so clearly has so many issues.

WelshMaenad Tue 30-Oct-12 21:08:17

My mum's 60 and not cronely. Croneliness is a state of being, not a number.

MamaMary Tue 30-Oct-12 21:11:05

India Knight has really gone down in my estimation now.

And she changed her name shock

Bessie123 Tue 30-Oct-12 21:13:50

Heh. It's funny. They are both mad. Glad I don't know them irl though

its like the two megaliths of entitlement clashing..

PoppyAmex Tue 30-Oct-12 21:16:13

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

LadyEvilBeagle Tue 30-Oct-12 21:30:59

The Brick was on This Morning talking about being beautiful again with a self admitted plain Jane.
Though if the Plain Jane had dyed her hair blonde and had dressed differently they could have been sisters.
They both had the same weird mouth.
Oh, and fair point Welsh grin

litdog Tue 30-Oct-12 21:52:40

MrsCampbellBlack Tue 30-Oct-12 22:01:26

Devora Tue 30-Oct-12 22:05:44

mrspumpkinpatch Tue 30-Oct-12 22:06:50

Ahh I knew nothing about this. This has made my night!

Vagabond Tue 30-Oct-12 22:08:08

OH, Please will someone tell me what India Knight's real name is? That would give me an absurd amount of pleasure.

Vagabond Tue 30-Oct-12 22:09:32

I would ask her on Twitter but she doesn't listen to the "dwiddle people".

janelikesjam Tue 30-Oct-12 22:19:37

Yes it does sound like 15 yr old catfight.

But I would still defend mosts journalists most of the time to say even unpopular things. They may miss the mark sometimes but often honest and entertaining, and occasionally insightful.

I laughed a little at Liz's barb about a "Cambridge graduate who married young, worked part-time and lives in a £3 million house". Bit catty though, yeah.

LadyEvilBeagle Tue 30-Oct-12 22:21:21

I read India Knight's first book because I quite liked her columns.
It was a witty 'romantic' novel where the heroine was a slightly larger than average but gorgeous woman (I wonder who that was based on) who won the famous actor after interviewing him and giving him headlice.
It really was the most utter shite, and I have detested her ever since.
Did anybody else read this pile of garbage and can remind me what the name of the book was?

L1zLem0n Tue 30-Oct-12 22:23:22

What are they fighting about !?did she write does my bum look big in this? or am i thinking of arabella weir?

BupcakesAndHaunting Tue 30-Oct-12 22:26:21

MrsCampbellBlack Tue 30-Oct-12 22:27:38

My life on a plate.

L1zLem0n Tue 30-Oct-12 22:29:21

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now