Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To be pissed off at all the upselling instructions obviously being given out to staff to try to get us to spend more than we need to

(77 Posts)
WorriedBetty Sat 20-Oct-12 04:34:12

So much 'is that a large one' (Wetherspoons) or 'would you like a drink with your meal' (everywhere) or 'curly fries for an extra 50p yes?' or 'any cakes or pastries?' ) nero's/starbucks etc.

I espcially hate the pretend mishearing:
'A small coffee please' 'Large coffee?' No small one please 'is that a large coffee today' 'NO ITS A FUCKING SMALL COFFEE AND IN A MINUTE I AM WALKING OUT' 'mug or a cup for your small coffee madam?' 'If its in mug is it a large coffee?' 'Yes..any cakes or pastries today?' 'No, just a small coffee.. in a cup please'. angry

moondog Thu 13-Dec-12 15:27:44

On that note, have decided never to buy wine in Majestic again as they hassle you for your bloody address every time.

Pandemoniaa Thu 13-Dec-12 15:27:56

Now if you want to get enraged about people, I'd go for the arsehole who bumped the thread in a blatant attempt to get material for a television show. Yes, that's you, Alex Duncan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now