To think a 540 jigsaw of the world as a globe

(7 Posts)
montysma1 Thu 18-Oct-12 00:02:32

my husband bought a jisawish thing for our 4 year olds, where there were hexagons and fishheads and tails in various colours that had to be matched in a honeycomb shape or something ( I didnt look). On looking at it he decided it was jolly difficult. On looking a bit more, he decided it was impossible.

Did he quietly put it in a cupboard? Oh no....... Being into puzzles and maths and logic and general geekhood, he decided to write a computer program to crack this .

This has absorbed entire evenings for a week. He now has the "program" running and it predicts that it will arrive at the correct solution in just under 613 years time!

That was easy assembly too!

kim147 Wed 17-Oct-12 23:53:06

Finished. That Pacific ocean was extremely difficult - but the little numbers on the back kind of helped. DS helped find sequences. Till he got bored.

RawShark Tue 16-Oct-12 22:21:18

lol. Try returning under Trades Description Act (sure someone will correct my reference to the right one!)

Jeez, what, 80% of the world is covered in sea? So....grin that's like 432 blue pieces!! good luck with that.....

kim147 Tue 16-Oct-12 22:00:22

Hmmm. Yes, those numbers might help smile

You don't realise how much of the Earth is made up of sea. Or how big Africa really is until you try to build it.

oldraver Tue 16-Oct-12 21:27:03

The one I bought for DS had numbers on the back to help

kim147 Tue 16-Oct-12 21:05:12

Cannot be described as "easy to assemble" as it says on the box.

Done the continents. DS helped with that. But it's those oceans. Especially the Pacific. Lots of blue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now