to hate this programme so much?

(156 Posts)
RawShark Mon 15-Oct-12 22:59:16

Just to lighten up recent threads.....Mike the Knight has always annoyed me; but the more I watch it the MORE it annoys me (to be clear I am not watching it on my own, or I'd turn it off)

MtK never learns from his mistakes or follows his own slogan. The vikings are just stupid foreigners and the villagers are lumpen idiots and need to be continually bossed about led by a smug incompetent pre-teen knight - in -training, who insists on continually making them applaud his latest self-aggrandising endeavour. I would be trying to make a political point here, if it weren't time for bed and thus I am too knackered to think!

And the other day they were having a sleep over and the queen was still in her gown and crown - production couldn't even be arsed to design some regal jammies.

And the theme tune is sooooo catchy. Arrgh. There are programs that I dislike but my hatred for this one just seems to grow and grow. I know IABU to bother hating a program, but does it irk anybody else?

Kalisi Mon 15-Oct-12 23:57:19

Haha! Not Mike the Knight so much but Timmy the Sheep pisses me off royally!

RawShark Tue 16-Oct-12 00:01:10

I don;t mind Timmy time - but I did see one where he basically stole from one of the other characters which made me a bit confused. I didn't see the end though, so can't give a full comment!

Kalisi Tue 16-Oct-12 00:04:15

I guarantee the little fecker got away with it angry

gallifrey Tue 16-Oct-12 00:04:24

Yeah it is quite annoying isn't it, and why does he have such a massive head in comparison to his body?
Used to like Timmy but he is such a brat and ruins everything for everyone else.

The worst thing on cbeebies is the bloody lingo show, could he be any more annoying? Why does he have to be so terribly well spoken? And that bloody song.... grrr!!!

RawShark Tue 16-Oct-12 00:09:37

It's because he is a big headed little twerp.THeer must be a wrod for how your appearance reflects your attitude?
I haven't seen the lingo show - maybe I'll look it up if I run out of other petty dislikes (prety unlikely).

gallifrey Tue 16-Oct-12 00:11:58

yeah that does make sense!!

Big headed little twerp, I'll laugh tomorrow when I see it !!

He should be made to go live on an island with Peppa Pig, Ben and Holly and Nanny sodding Plum who is without a doubt the worst Nanny in the world and should have been fired years ago

CarpeJugulum Tue 16-Oct-12 08:50:51

It's the same with Postman Pat - if he just did what he was paid for, there would be no issues...

And don't get me started on Bob the Builder... angry

Abbicob Tue 16-Oct-12 08:54:23

Thomas The Tank engine is the worst - he is always causing confusion and delay ......... argh

elvisola Tue 16-Oct-12 08:58:56

Mine are addicted to the new show Get Well Soon and they have full on fights as to who gets to sing the (annoying) theme song over and over and over and over ..,..................

LittleBlackDress Tue 16-Oct-12 09:00:51

Grandpa in my Pocket - drives me insane!!

schnauzerfan Tue 16-Oct-12 09:01:14

Finally a Mike the Knight hatred thread. I'm in!! Hate the little annoying, spoilt, arrogant, condescending big headed fecker.

FeckOffCup Tue 16-Oct-12 09:13:57

YY to Mike the Knight, also hate Grandpa in my Pocket, every single person in it makes me stabby with rage.

Ohj I can't watch grandpa in my pocket. I've worked with the boy in it and really didn't like him so my blood boils if dd puts it on lol.

FeckOffCup Tue 16-Oct-12 09:26:22

Also Raa Raa the noisy lion, I hate him and his nasal voice and buck teeth and the way he shakes his head about all the time.

Kalisi Tue 16-Oct-12 09:27:54

Haha @ Big headed little twerp! grin Yes Get Well Soon is also annoying. What's with his eyebrows and whiter than white teeth!?

WelshMaenad Tue 16-Oct-12 09:28:52

I tried to put my 2.6 yr old in the wrong car seat last week and he told me "mummy you done confusion and delay!".

MrsWembley Tue 16-Oct-12 09:30:36

Oh my god, every time someone gets applauded for solving a problem that they created in the first place, I find myself screaming at the television, 'It's bloody Postman Pat all over again!'angry

Mike, however, wants a bloody good talking to about the wonders of humility.hmm

Strawhatpirate Tue 16-Oct-12 09:33:18

With any luck Mike will wind up dying in the crusades next series.

RawShark Tue 16-Oct-12 19:36:07

Haha - I KNEW i wasn't being unreasonable!

grin at Welsh Maenad and Strawhatpirate

CAn't believe Pat's got a helicopter. And a wife and child. And Mrs Googins appears to have a thing for him (she stroked his tie very coquettishly the other day). How things have changed......

steben Tue 16-Oct-12 20:37:53

Mike is annoying - but I fucking loathe with a passion I did not know I posessed grandpa in my bastard pocket. All of the cast are shocking!!!! And don't get me started on baby jake.....

That fucking tree-fu programme is the one that gets me angry. That stupid faux accent the Butterfly has makes my teeth itch and the weird mushroom things look like they have pink eye. Makes me shudder!

steben - My DDad was over recently and Baby Jake came on. He turned to me with a look of horror and said 'What's wrong with your television?'

PseudoBadger Tue 16-Oct-12 20:43:28

I see all these - and raise you Everything's Rosie <arrrrrgh>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now