to think life is dealing me a duff hand

(28 Posts)
belle7 Sat 13-Oct-12 23:46:33

im at the end of my tether in four years ive had four members of my family have cancer .
my dad is fighting cancer , my gran died of it four years ago , my uncle died of it and we bury him on Thursday and my mum has just been diagnosed with it.

i work as a support worker i support families but i am really thinking i must be a bad person as all this has happened . ive recently had a miscarriage and i don't know how much we are meant to be able to take .

i know im feeling sorry for myself but i really have had enough .

Iatemyskinnyperson Sun 14-Oct-12 00:38:30

So sorry to hear this, all the best, wish your parents a good recovery

lovebunny Sun 14-Oct-12 00:51:24

belle7, i don't think for a minute its something you've done, or a way of punishing you, or a way of getting at you. i think you're having a horrible time. i think that cancer, some types of cancer, occur in families.

whatever you have done in life, it isn't enough to deserve what's happened in your family. i knew of a woman who neglected her daughter, and then the daughter was murdered. she hadn't 'earned' that tragedy. i know, now, a woman approaching forty who had miscarriages then a much loved baby girl but the baby developed leukaemia and died last weekend. there is nothing on earth that woman could have ever have done to deserve that.

its not about being bad. i don't even think its about being strong enough to take it. i think it happens. even though i believe in God, and i know He has a plan, i think these things just happen. something genetic, something environmental, something to do with lifestyle - not fault, just happening.

i wish you some comfort and some moments of joy to lift your spirits. may your mum recover and this difficult time pass.

lovebunny Sun 14-Oct-12 00:52:11

apologies, a speedy recovery for your dad also. xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now